Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reimer- Rep!!

The Great One

Default Reimer- Rep!!

With Lu getting up there in age and Florida looking pretty damn competetive (imho)- does Reimer have any real starters potential? Or has he basically settled into a backup at this point??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Reimer- Rep!!

I think Florida will ride the hot hand for games and through injuries and such.

I am guessing each of these goalies will be right around 40 starts for the season when all is said and done this year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think Florida will ride the hot hand for games and through injuries and such.

I am guessing each of these goalies will be right around 40 starts for the season when all is said and done this year.
    tend to agree with this... Reimer's getting paid too much to be a back up. That said, I'm not convinced Lu is ready to pack it in and give away the starting job. If Fla does well this year, I expect Luongo to be a big reason why, I can see 40-40 or 50-30 for Lu
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I believe they signed him to a 5 year deal to be the starter. How many teams sign a goalie to a 5 year deal to be the backup?

The Great One

If they signed him to be a starter, why did he only play 43 games last year? He would have been nowhere near that number, either, had Lou not gotten hurt. I see Reimer as 1b, unless Lou gets hurt again or age has finally caught up to him

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm of the mindset that the transition happens this year and we see a 55-45 split in Reimer's favour barring injury.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Discussion likely went something like this.,,

Fla- "Hey Reims... we would be offering you a nice 2 or 3 year deal to be our #1. But we still have ole man Lou on contract for the next 12 years. That said... we're going to offer you a 5 year deal which is more than you'll get from any other team to start or back up and the first two will be part of the transition and years 3-5 ... the crease will be yours"

Reimer- "Well Gosh... that sounds Great!"

Fla- "great James...welcome aboard...".
    . (To Secretary)..." get me Lou Lam on the phone... I need to find the "Lupol" to deep 6 ole Strombone!"

Dobber Sports Giant

I think it's Luongo's crease this year but Reimer will push him for starts so it may look more like a platoon.

Lu is aging but he's still got at least one more good season in him IMO. Personally, I don't think Reimer is the long term solution but since there's no real other option ATM, he's their guy after this year.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

Does he have starter potential?

Im looking at a move of maybe Anton Forsberg in Chicago with a pick- 3rd in 18 or 19. I like AF and that pick would sting but if he projects as a starter I tbhink it might be worth it?

Dobber Sports Master

I dont think Roberto's on the B side of the florida 1a/1b tandem quite yet but you never know when the switch can flip .

Dobber Sports Deity

I think this is the year that Reimer starts to overtake Luongo for the starter role. I wont be surprised if at seasons end, that Reimer has more starts than Luongo (injuries not included of course).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It would be awesome to see Lu play enough games over next two seasons to scrounge up 43 regular season wins and get to 500.
    But... I agree with others, I see him playing about 35-40 starts this year, then maybe 25-30 next year, then retiring.
    His actual salary drops off as $5.7m (this year), $2.9m (next year), $1.4m, $0.85m etc.

I just can't see him playing more than two more years.

Reimer should get 40+ starts this year... 50+ starts next year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Reimer always seems to put up better numbers than how he looks. He hasn't perfected the stereotypical robotic shot blocker style that NHL teams seem to require in a legitimate #1, so I was surprised he got the contract he did... so Florida must liked him enough. His numbers last year were better than Luongo's, so he has earned a higher split. And Luongo is 38, so you should expect a further drop-off this year.

Dobber Sports Monster

If Luongo stays healthy, not just staying in the lineup but actually being close to 100%, then he easily holds the starters role. But that's not likely to happen all season long. Is Reimer a true starter? He's ok in that role, but he too gets injured. He can be amazing and terrible. He's a good goalie, below average starter.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I offered Anton Forsberg and a 3rd for Reimer and a 6th. Im now an optimus reim owner.