Thread: Some sketchy goalie depth this season?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Some sketchy goalie depth this season?

Is it just me or are alot of teams looking to lean on unproven goaltending this season? Looking at a few teams and if i am in fantasy, i want to stay away from these teams Goalies... Vancouver, Winnipeg, NYI, Philly and Colorado. Of course any of the goalies could break out, they have also had some very poor strings of performance. I like betting on the healthier horse myself. My two cents ~
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Some sketchy goalie depth this season?

I think looking at van, wpg, philly they're all playing the patience game with their prospects. Waiting for Demko, Helle, to be ready for the starting job. Philly with Stolarz or anyone to grab the reigns.

In Col. their tied to Varlamov & Sakic still thinks he's a #1 keeper. I doubt a lot of goalies held much if any interest in going to the Aves, until there's light in Col. Varly's the man
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

That's the conundrum in my league too...hard to know when to take a goalie especially since they may have their starting job challenged.

Most of the clear, good starters have been kept and the best "clearish starter" guys will be MAF, Smith, Darling and Lehner. When to take Howard and Mrazek? When to take Luongo and Reimer? Do you need Neuvirth in an Elliot handcuff? When should you take Hellebuyck? Do you need Bernier in addition to Varlamov? Is Markstrom the clear #1 and will he get lots of starts? Is Darling the real deal and will Ward steal over 25 starts? I am glad I have two clear #1s going into the draft because if I cant land a clear starter like MAF or Smith, I might have to sit back and wait for some of the junk in the later rounds. I am fortunate this year to have b2b picks every round so I can maybe lock up a lower end tandem if I have to.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would definitely draft a goalie higher this season than in previous seasons for sure. I think the noted teams will most likely be tandems with rocky production from both and the slight run from one here or there. There are a few other teams that worry me slightly. There is also usually a dark horse or two that emerges in a year like this so be quick on the FA draw if a goalie starts running away with the job al la hammond/condon.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs