Thread: My Goalie Rankings

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default My Goalie Rankings

Making sure I have these guys ranked right for my team/league. Currently have Mrazek/Montoya/Domingue on active roster. Saros/Husso/Korpisalo/Jarry/Lyon in minors.

My long term(i.e. 5 years down the road) rankings are:

Saros
    Mrazek

Korpisalo
    Husso

Jarry
    Domingue

Lyon
    Montoya(retired or not much of an option)

My current/next year ranking is:

Mrazek
    Montoya
    Domingue

Saros
    Korpisalo
    Jarry
    Husso
    Lyon

I plan on eliminating Montoya in the next year or two. I am debating dropping Lyon now, as no one wants to trade for him and with my other goalies, I see it as a wasted roster spot.

One goalie start daily, unlimited per week for league in signature.

Opinions?
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: My Goalie Rankings

I would have Saros right up beside Mrazek right now. one pulled hammy and the job in Nashville is his. Arizona just traded for Raanta, so Domingue's future is severely limited. I'd move on from him as well. These being your goalies - you really need an upgrade and now. Saros is the only viable option of this list with any predictability.

Korpisalo, Jarry, are both locked behind studs. You need a G boost. Even Markstrom would appear to be an improvement
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My rankings would be:

Long-term

Saros
    Mrazek

Husso
    Korpisalo

Jarry
    Lyon

Domingue
    Montoya

Next Year
    Mrazek/Saros
    Korpisalo

Montoya
    Domingue
    Jarry

Husso
    Lyon
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

The Great One

Predicting young goalies 5 years down the road is futile, IMO. I'll go with post no. 2...Saros is your best chip...but you really do need to think about an upgrade in goal unless you don't plan on competing any time soon?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pretty much have to wait it out or give up the farm to get a goalie. They are insanely priced and valued in this league.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm going to play devil's advocate and argue that Mrazek should be above Saros in the long term. Goalies are definitely tough to predict but Mrazek put up a .921 SV% over 54 games in the 15-16 season, and a .918 SV% over 29 the year before. He had the 8th-best even-strength SV% in the league over the 14-15 and 15-16 seasons for goalies who played more than 50 games over that period of time, which puts him ahead of Holtby, Rask, Anderson, Quick, Talbot, etc. Detroit wasn't exactly icing Nashville-calibre defence those years. Yes, he had a horrible 16-17 season... IIRC, Mrazek was asked to play a much different style of game this past year - more conservative and deeper in the net. Whether he stays in Detroit or not, he's still shown he is capable of being a top goaltender and one (very) bad year shouldn't effect his long-term outlook that much.