Thread: trade help

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default trade help

trying to free up cap. have 8 mill to fill 8 spots and that wont cut it. offering malkin at 9.3 mil. 2 trade offers came in malkin for saad who is at 4 mil or malkin for hall ( 7.75 mill) and V. Rask (1.75 mill). Thoughts ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: trade help

You should supply more information about your league so people can give you better advice. If you are trading Malkin, maybe try and get a pick out of the deal as well (if you have picks in your league)
    FANTRAX SALARY CAP LEAGUE
    $75m Cap League / 12 Teams / 18 Keepers
    20min - 25max man roster / 5 Minor bench
    G, A, STP, FOW, Takeaways, Hits, BLKS, PIM, SOG,
    W, SV%, Saves

C: Backstrom, MacKinnon, Backlund, Jost, Barzal, Zetterberg, Trocheck

W; Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hayden, Haley, Pacioretty, Boeser, Kreider, Riley Nash

D: Gudas, OEL, Ristolainen, Chychrun, Nurse, McAvoy Sergachev

G: Dubnyk, Stalock, Smith,
    Minor bench: Demko, Samsonov, White, Steel, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Recruit

16 team league. $85M cap, dynasty 20 min 30 max roster 15 minor bench, Every stat

The Great One

I get that you need to cut cap, but nobody ever gets full value for malkin. it's tough to evaluate this b/c we can't see if there are other cap-saving players on your team that would be better trade candidates.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with the above posts, but if you're simply asking for an opinion on trade A (Saad) vs B (Hall, V. Rask), I would prefer to take Saad. I think that he'll push 60 points, plus decent peripheral stats. You'll be saving 5.3 million, which then means you'd have 13.3 million for 8 players (1.66 average per). It's never easy giving up an elite talent like Malkin, but that's the reality of a salary cap league (and why they are so much fun!).

If we could see the rest of your roster, perhaps you'd get some suggestions on how to trim salary elsewhere instead.

Dobber Sports Ace

As others have mentioned, seeing your roster would be helpful. Also, do you a few IR spots at your disposal?

It sounds like you're going to need more than just trading Malkin to improve your cap situation. I play in a very similar format and there are players who you'll never get value for - Malkin is one of them unfortunately. I'd suggest keeping him and looking for savings elsewhere.

To answer your question, I'd prefer Hall (even without Rask) over Saad though it doesn't save you much ($2M).
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Giant

Please share your full roster to see if Malkin is the top player to deal here. He may command a high cap hit, but if you came trim elsewhere, it may be beneficial to hang on to him; especially if you can't get a favorable return.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

I think Saad is a pretty decent return player here, but I would be looking to acquire another piece that's gives you some more substance with the return. Maybe a 2M forward that can give you some peripheral contribution.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

We got to see your roster, I think you could cut $$$ elsewhere.....in a 85M salary cap league, you can keep Malkin....you won't get enough for him
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).