Thread: What about Erik Brannstrom?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default What about Erik Brannstrom?

Hi! I just looked at the world junior summer showcase CAN vs SWE and Erik Brannstrom looked amazing!!! He have tremendous skills and he is very dominant!.....Do you think he can play in nhl this year?
    Keeper dynasty cap hit (same as NHL)
    16 teams 4 divisions, 2 conference. G=1 A=1, PTS only

19 skaters min. 12 foward, 6 defence and 1 goalie...max 25 skaters, 3 foward spares, 2 def spares and 1 goalie spare.....19 best pts count

Players lock in 2017-2018 and the year remeaning in my team
    fowards:

-P.Kane 2
    -Eichel 1
    -Matthews 2
    -Aho 2

Defences:
    -Werenski 1
    -Provorov 1
    -Butcher 2
    -Pulock 1
    -
    -

Goalies:
    -

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: What about Erik Brannstrom?

LOL probably not. Take these games with a grain of salt mate.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

As much as he looks like Streit out there vs. 20s and under he will need to bulk up and gain more pro experience at a lower level for another season or two at the very least.

And don't forget - Dahlin wasn't dressed vs. Canada so he was eating up bigger minutes than he otherwise would have. Looked great in the O-Zone with Liljegren but both were exposed in the D-Zone more than once...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'll try and find the source but Brannstrom was confirmed to return to HV17 in Sweden for the 2017-18 season.

That being said, as of now Vegas only has 2 defensemen signed through next year with 3 RFAs and current RFA Nate Schmidt's situation should be resolved shortly. He was reportedly looking for a 1 year deal though.

A spot on Vegas' blue line could open up sooner rather than later.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I will answer as best as I can as I've been following him for a little while now.

- he will be playing in Sweden this season. 99% sure. VGK said they won't rush him.

- from reports on HF as well as twitter he was the best player at their rookie camp. One game he put 10+ shots on net and looked excellent which was mentioned by management.

- I was personally a big fan of Liljegrin and was surprised he fell as far as he did and especially surprised when Brannstrom went ahead of him. Until I watched a Youtube video on his highlights. he played with Lil quite a bit in them and EB looked like the driving force to me.

- because of his size the obvious comparisons and Vatanen and Ellis.

- i thought i read somewhere that he was playing well at the WJSS but i don't recall where. (other than a great deep pass in the SWE/FIN game) I had hoped for someone who watched the games to add their two cents.

Hope this helps.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin
    D: Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovich....F ox....Zellweger....Toews

F: Eichel....Caufield.......J Robertson......W Nylander.......Kucherov....Lundell
    Eklund.....W Johnston.....Marchenko......Stankoven.......Peterk a.....Holtz

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th