Thread: Is Fleury worth it?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Is Fleury worth it?

I have a chance to acquire him without the use of one of my current keepers (see team in sig.)

My only issue is that I plan on keeping Halak and Greiss most likely as my 15th and 16th keepers. In light of that, landing Fleury would force me to drop one of the Isles' goalies (or both and have me choose a player from my "probable" drops such as Pickard, Stastny or Nyquist)

Is Fleury worth the extra drop and all or should I just hang on to what I have.

FWIW, Necas would be part of the package going the other way.

Thanks in advance; will REP when I can
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Is Fleury worth it?

Do losses count against you as much as wins count for you?

If so, I'd probably hold - while you gain 25+ starts with Fleury (assuming Halak is dropped), he is going to lose 30+ games and win 25. Greiss and Halak probably get you better stats.

Unfortunately, your goalie situation after Price is a bit piecemeal. It's a shame you have to keep 4 goalies - any chance you can trade for Mason and keep Nyquist?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Giant

I can try to get Mason for less than Fleury but that would mean that I would have to move/drop Halak so I'm not sure it's worth it...

But you are right about Fleury's potential losses, as they may end up hurting me more in the long run!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

While I think Vegas will pretty bad this year (and for a few years after), it wouldn't surprise me if the Islanders aren't much better. At least Vegas will have Vancouver in the division to possibly beat up on. Plus teams regressing such as San Jose and LA, and eventually Anaheim. And who knows how fast Arizona will improve - could still be a long season there - I don't see the comparisons to this year's Leafs as being appropriate. The Islanders have Pittsburgh, Washington, NYR, Carolina and Philly to deal with, and all those teams should be much better than Islanders. Only the Devils are worse in that division, and considering the Isles will be dealing with the Tavares contract distraction (probably) all the year long, wouldn't surprise me if they are even worse than the Devils.
    Couple that with the fact that Fleury is infinitely better than Greiss/Halak, and I'm easily taking Fleury over the Isles' tandem.

We all thought Garth Snow was a horrible GM until the Islanders had one good season a few years ago (when they lost to the Capitals in the first round), but besides for that, he's been really bad. They have really good drafts, and then do a horrible job at developing those players.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    While I think Vegas will pretty bad this year (and for a few years after), it wouldn't surprise me if the Islanders aren't much better. At least Vegas will have Vancouver in the division to possibly beat up on. Plus teams regressing such as San Jose and LA, and eventually Anaheim. And who knows how fast Arizona will improve - could still be a long season there - I don't see the comparisons to this year's Leafs as being appropriate. The Islanders have Pittsburgh, Washington, NYR, Carolina and Philly to deal with, and all those teams should be much better than Islanders. Only the Devils are worse in that division, and considering the Isles will be dealing with the Tavares contract distraction (probably) all the year long, wouldn't surprise me if they are even worse than the Devils.
    Couple that with the fact that Fleury is infinitely better than Greiss/Halak, and I'm easily taking Fleury over the Isles' tandem.

We all thought Garth Snow was a horrible GM until the Islanders had one good season a few years ago (when they lost to the Capitals in the first round), but besides for that, he's been really bad. They have really good drafts, and then do a horrible job at developing those players.
    they went 24-12 under Weight who wasnt afraid to give the youngsters more icetime than cappy .Once snow finally called up Halak , Weight played him more than Greiss down the stretch when the isles were making a push for WC spot (missed by 1 point).I think Weight took the HC extension with a condition that he has more control over some roster decisions that snow previously held tight to .I always sensed that Cappy was a bit of snows puppet at times but Weight wont have any of that .

Halak was the hottest goalie during the final 2 weeks of the nhl reg season .I'm sure if anyone owned him for their h2h finals they can attest to that .

I suppose the only thing I can offer the OP is that my gut tells me Halak plays 50+ while Greiss 30'ish .