Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2017 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 7

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: 2017 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Two poor weeks in a row..need to stop the slide.
    I hear ya man. Tears of Joique right now is the worst team in the league - drafting Ajayi and Murray b2b is killing me.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I hear ya man. Tears of Joique right now is the worst team in the league - drafting Ajayi and Murray b2b is killing me.
    Excuse you? Lol

The Wolverine

Well this matchup performance was unexpected! That's how you beat an unbeaten team! Shame about Rodgers, though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Last week, both of my starting RBs were on bye weeks (along with Dalvin Cooks injury) so I started two WW RBs and somehow I managed to win. This week my two main WRs (Dez and Green) were on bye weeks and I ran with a few scrubs and it looks like I am going to win again. Oh fantasy football, you are such a weird thing to figure out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Anybody want to trade 13 players for 13 players?
    I'll trade my whole roster (including Rodgers) for anybody else's full roster?
    Trade block updated.
    5-8 is good enough to avoid relegation, right?
    My season is over. Worst top three rounds ever (OBJ-1, Pooper-2, Rodgers-3)
    [Time to focus on fantasy hockey full gear.]

Dobber Sports Titan

Trade block updated.
    5-8 is good enough to avoid relegation, right?
    My season is over. Worst top three rounds ever (OBJ-1, Pooper-2, Rodgers-3)
    [Time to focus on fantasy hockey full gear.]

Look ahead, find one or two winnable weeks remaining, and go all out for guys with good matchus in those weeks. That can get you up to around the .500 mark, amd maybe squeek into the playoffs
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Can't seem to buy a win ... putting up nearly 95 points per week on average but seem to draw the best team every week lol! Happy with my team but tough to deal with the schedule from Hell ...

Pants off dance.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This was in last week's recap:

"Graham Quackers would be 0-4 if they played the same schedule as The Frisky Hobbit"

Graham Quackers has a 5-0 record and The Frisky Hobbit is 1-4. If that one sentence doesn't summarize fantasy football, I don't know what does! lol To be fair, my team isn't very good and I only hope to avoid relegation this year. Second half team! Woooo!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Graham Quackers has a 5-0 record and The Frisky Hobbit is 1-4. If that one sentence doesn't summarize fantasy football, I don't know what does!
    Fantasy football is 80% luck. Good luck, bad luck, whatever.
    People love to look at the teams above them in the standings, reference their point totals and go "Oh, HOW LUCKY?"
    I've had some pretty bad luck this year... but people seem to prefer to not notice that!

I missed the start of the draft (due to being a good husband) and got OBJ when I wanted Melvin Gordon - who I identified as one of only a handful of "no-RB2 threat", workhorse RBs.
    I set up a strategy of taking one solid QB and one solid TE early so I could use my entire bench for RB-risks on my RB2, hoping one would pan out.
    In Week 1, I lost my DMC start when the courts overturned the Zeke-ban that I thought was happening (DMC was my 10th round pick), I had an unexpected WR-bye (LAC/MIA delay wk1), and a late-game OBJ "no-start" (0.00pts ON roster... from a 15+pt player) that I couldn't replace.
    Week 2, OBJ was still gimping around out there during 1st half... those lovely "what am I supposed to do with a gimpy WR1?" questions that nobody knows what to do with (just 3.6pts... from a 15+pt player).
    Week 3, Sproles went down ON-roster for me just 3 carries into game (just 1.1pts... projected for 8+pts).
    Week 5, OBJ goes down in-game (though he did get HIS points, 4Q injury).
    Week 6, Rodgers goes down 4 passes into-game (0.72pts... projected for 22+pts).

Swap Gordon onto my team (+50pts over OBJ) and take the in-game injuries away (7 for Sproles, 20 for Rodgers) and I at least have a scoring team right there with top teams (~530pts) that is still 5-1, any way you slice it.
    (Gordon/OBJ not effecting my results from Week 1-6).

I drafted a really solid team.
    My "Draft Day Projection" was for a 11-2-0 team with 1226.65pts... BOTH of those beinig: tops in league! {ahem, clears throat}
    My "Current Projection" is for a 5-8-0 team (with 5wins already)... so it pretty much substantiates the bad injury luck.
    And my "Power Ranking" is also last in league... it's a sad, sad looking team with OBJ & Rodgers off the roster.

I'm definitely on the "good luck" side of opponent scoring this year, but nobody credits me for the bad luck side I've had with player injuries & missing start of draft.
    I suppose its just easier to identify somebody's good luck and bring them back down. No problem. Fine....

Fantasy football is 80% luck. Good luck, bad luck, whatever.
    People love to look at the teams above them in the standings, reference their point totals and go "Oh, HOW LUCKY?"
    I've had some pretty bad luck this year... but people seem to prefer to not notice that!

I missed the start of the draft (due to being a good husband) and got OBJ when I wanted Melvin Gordon - who I identified as one of only a handful of "no-RB2 threat", workhorse RBs.
    I set up a strategy of taking one solid QB and one solid TE early so I could use my entire bench for RB-risks on my RB2, hoping one would pan out.
    In Week 1, I lost my DMC start when the courts overturned the Zeke-ban that I thought was happening (DMC was my 10th round pick), I had an unexpected WR-bye (LAC/MIA delay wk1), and a late-game OBJ "no-start" (0.00pts ON roster... from a 15+pt player) that I couldn't replace.
    Week 2, OBJ was still gimping around out there during 1st half... those lovely "what am I supposed to do with a gimpy WR1?" questions that nobody knows what to do with (just 3.6pts... from a 15+pt player).
    Week 3, Sproles went down ON-roster for me just 3 carries into game (just 1.1pts... projected for 8+pts).
    Week 5, OBJ goes down in-game (though he did get HIS points, 4Q injury).
    Week 6, Rodgers goes down 4 passes into-game (0.72pts... projected for 22+pts).

Swap Gordon onto my team (+50pts over OBJ) and take the in-game injuries away (7 for Sproles, 20 for Rodgers) and I at least have a scoring team right there with top teams (~530pts) that is still 5-1, any way you slice it.
    (Gordon/OBJ not effecting my results from Week 1-6).

I drafted a really solid team.
    My "Draft Day Projection" was for a 11-2-0 team with 1226.65pts... BOTH of those beinig: tops in league! {ahem, clears throat}
    My "Current Projection" is for a 5-8-0 team (with 5wins already)... so it pretty much substantiates the bad injury luck.
    And my "Power Ranking" is also last in league... it's a sad, sad looking team with OBJ & Rodgers off the roster.

I'm definitely on the "good luck" side of opponent scoring this year, but nobody credits me for the bad luck side I've had with player injuries & missing start of draft.
    I suppose its just easier to identify somebody's good luck and bring them back down. No problem. Fine....
    Meh. Some people have good luck and bad luck. Some people have a lot of bad luck and very good luck.

Continuing to harp on missing the first round of the draft when others had to autodraft is.....interesting. Lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Meh. Some people have good luck and bad luck. Some people have a lot of bad luck and very good luck.

Continuing to harp on missing the first round of the draft when others had to autodraft is.....interesting. Lol
    Always unfortunate to miss any part of the draft, but at least you usually know if you're going to be auto drafting and prepare for it. If you unexpectedly miss the beginning of your draft, then it can definitely throw things off.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Always unfortunate to miss any part of the draft, but at least you usually know if you're going to be auto drafting and prepare for it. If you unexpectedly miss the beginning of your draft, then it can definitely throw things off.
    Truuuuuuu.

Although i always pre-rate my first two rounds, just in case.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Truuuuuuu.

Although i always pre-rate my first two rounds, just in case.
    Definitely not a bad practice to get into.

Dobber Sports Deity

I pre-rank my top 100 guys every year without fail. Doesn't always mean I follow that when I am live drafting but I use it as a guide for sure.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."