Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: NFL Preseaon News and Notes

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: NFL Preseaon News and Notes

Initial thoughts. Dorsett, Coates, JuJu, Brissett have no value change in redraft. Dorsett is awful. Good chance he won't even learn the playbook by the end of the year. Coates is bad and Browns have better options. JuJu is watchlist but likely nothing. Anyone thinking the Colts acquiring Brissett is any comment toward the status of Luck might really have the Colts blinders on. Brissett wasn't game ready after 2 years in the Pats system. Bradford changed teams earlier than this last year and wasn't ready week 1. Brissett was acquired as a viable backup project, not Luck insurance for this year.

Is Dorsett going to NE a signal to dump Malcolm Mitchell in dynasty formats. I never knew this but apparently he had knee issue in college. I just wonder if this latest injury may have sent up a flare in Belichick's mind.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

C.J. Spiller is cut by the Chiefs for the 2nd time this week!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...time-in-a-week

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Is Dorsett going to NE a signal to dump Malcolm Mitchell in dynasty formats. I never knew this but apparently he had knee issue in college. I just wonder if this latest injury may have sent up a flare in Belichick's mind.
    No.
    Dorsett sux

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No.
    Dorsett sux
    Can anyone say that any player going to New England sucks?? I would wait until he has played a game or two with them before we come to this conlcusion. Bill might turn Dorsett into something we have not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Can anyone say that any player going to New England sucks?? I would wait until he has played a game or two with them before we come to this conlcusion. Bill might turn Dorsett into something we have not seen before.
    Lol. The Pats circle jerk. Yes. Belichick specifically has a terrible history with WR scouting.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think you mean TOM might make him into something, not Bill.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    To IR he goes.

Patriots placed WR Malcolm Mitchell (knee) on injured reserve.
    It's unclear if Mitchell will be a candidate for return. Mitchell fell to the fourth round in last year's draft because of concerns over his history of knee issues. They popped up late in the year and ended up sidelining him for most of this summer's camp. Mitchell's profile is that of an NFL difference-maker when healthy, but "when healthy" is proving to be not often enough. 2017 is Mitchell's age-24 season. He's on shaky ground in Dynasty leagues.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...lcolm-mitchell
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

As a first round pick (read: obvious favoritism) Dorsett couldn't beat out Chester Rodgers and Kamar Aiken for 3 and 4 on the depth chart. He was competing for #5 with Quan Bray. All three of those players were UDFAs. Dorsett isn't suddenly a good player because he's on the Patriots.