Thread: Comrie vs. Husso vs. Spot Start

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Comrie vs. Husso vs. Spot Start

NOT the league in signature.

Who do you prefer between Comrie and Husso in a dynasty keeper league? Stats are W, SV, GAA, SV%, and SO. I currently own Comrie and Husso is available.

Or should I try to trade Comrie and run spot starters for the year? The league is a start 2, with 6 goalie spots total. I currently own Darling, Rinne and Raanta as starters, and Samsonov, Sorokin and Comrie as prospects. THe best backups available that could be used as spot starters are Johnson, Nilsson, Ward and Dell.

Thank you for answering both questions!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Comrie vs. Husso vs. Spot Start

I prefer Husso to Comrie but they are very close. I feel more than Husso would have a better shot to take over than Comrie though (meaning Helly > Allen)

You own two of the top goalie prospects, it'll just take them a while to come over. If you feel you need spot starts I'd grab Dell as he played very well when called upon last season, after that maybe Ward as he can get hot and for some reason Carolina keeps playing him bu if you don't want mediocre to poor stats go with Johnson next.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The fact that the Jets only gave Hellbucyk a 1 year contract makes me think they are not committing to him long term and that Comrie might be the long-term answer in net in Winnipeg.

Given that I would keep Comrie.

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer Husso over Comrie by a fairly large margin. When Ondrej Pavelec had significantly better numbers than a teammate, it really lowers my expectations for that guy.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Maybe I'm biased being a Hellebuyck owner but Comrie's stats have left me unimpressed. That being said I also think Husso has an easier road to starting in the NHL with only Allen in his way, where as Comrie has both Hellboy and Mason to compete with.

Out of your available spot starters I'd use dell and johnson in that order.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The good news is, is that if you are in a position to have your choice, I don't think there is a wrong choice here.
    I think you give the edge to Husso, as his path is much clearer. I don't think Allen is going anywhere in the next year or 2, but if he does falter hard, Husso is the undisputed #2.
    Comrie may have a higher ceiling, but the goalie path is unclear in Winnipeg. Mason and hellebuyck both have to fail for Comrie to get his shot. If Hellebuyck finds his groove, he could be in Winnipeg for a long time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks all. Rep given to everyone. I'm currently shopping Comrie hoping to get a 2nd rounder for him. If I do and can pick up Husso, then itsI a a huge win for me. Essentially a free pick!