Thread: D trade- want to make sure this isnt an insulting offer

The Great One

Default D trade- want to make sure this isnt an insulting offer

Zaitsev, Haydn, and the 20th overall

for

Hamilton, 3rd in 18 or 2nd in 19

Zaitsevs a reasonable (and cheaper) plug in type of aseet who as a bonus is cost controlled. On his end he has stated he is rebuilding/retooling so I imagine Haydn and especially the 20th overall have interesting degrees of value.

On my end I get a moderate upgrade on Zaitsev to what Im hoping is a competetive roster.

Thoughts???

EDIT: This deal feels close but he does not like Haydn at all- have offered Hayden (chi) or Raddysh- or alternatively the 17th instead of the 20th.
    EDIT EDIT: Upgraded my pick to the 17th overall and downgraded his incoming pick to the 3rd in 19 (I know its a long ways a way but replenishing our 2019 draft (only have a 3rd and a 5th right now)- is not a terrible move).

Am I crazy- did too much? I like Hamilton and Calgary (bought hard on Smith/Lack- lol...)- but this is certainly a steep price to upgrade Zaitsev whom Im also fond of. FTR I dont think he even accepts- our talks have not been going well :P- but interested in some feedback nonetheless. Am I waaaaay underselling Zights?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: D trade- want to make sure this isnt an insulting offer

I wouldn't add anymore assets or give up better picks. He is an upgrade, yes , by likely 10/15 points. But could you use that high draft pick to grab another d that would get you 40 points? Probably.

Dobber Sports Novice

I would do this deal. Hamilton has all the tools to be a superstar and he's trending up. Don't underestimate the upgrade hamilton brings over zaitsev. Also, if I'm reading your sig correctly, you have the 10th and 17th picks already, so giving up 20th isn't a huge deal.
    12 Team H2H

Skater Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK

Goalie Cats: W, GAA, SV%

3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 5 D, 4 BN, 2 G

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would say that it is not an insulting offer. I would say that it is definitely a good starting point to see if the other owner is willing to move Hamilton.

As a Hamilton owner I would look at this offer, but then probably decline it. but it depends on what his team looks like and what he has for D.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not an insulting offer, but if I'm the Hamilton owner I want a fair bit more. If you can pry him away for anything remotely close to this price you're coming out with a W.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

similar to EB... not insulting, but you'll likely need more. Hamilton's emerging as a top10 fantasy dman.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4