Thread: Last Blockbuster(s)- Targetting Mack AND/OR Byfuglien

The Great One

Default Last Blockbuster(s)- Targetting Mack AND/OR Byfuglien

Ive managed to get some top tier talent on my roster while finding cheap roster additions to fill the out going holes. That being said I think I have 1-2 key deals left to solidify. These are offers on my end and NOT offers Ive recieved and can just press accept on.

Deal 1:Rask/Bjugstad and the 10th overall this year
    for MacKinnon

Im a big MacKinnon fan and think he'll figure things out. Even if he doesnt his sog and goal total at a sweet cost controlled price point arre not too shabby at all. The 10th overall is the biggest outgoing asset here but it still leaves me the 1th and 20th overall this year- all picks are NHL entry draft. Im hoping I can move the 20th overall with a 3rd next year to move up- but thats far from a certainty. In any case I think its worth the gamble. Rask is a solid own and Bjugstad was basiclly a throw in to make it more enticing (we have a farm systme so if he doesnt rebound hes easy enough to shuffle down)

Is that offer enough? Would you pull the trigger on it?

Deal 2: Zaitsev/Picks
    for Byfuglien

I like Byfuglien despite his price point- but it would take moving Zaitsev to make room for him. He has said he doesnt like Zaitsev which is discouraging although in retroapect I could offer Severson instead (whom Im guessing he wont like as well :P). From there its a matter of which picks to add? Ive got the 10th this year (think this is too much for buff and hoping I use that for Mack)- the 17th and 20th overall this year (20th as a start?)- and than 1,2, and 3 next year. Was thinking 3 based on BBs age.

Is Zaitsev OR Severson with a 2nd this year and a 3rd next enough? Is it too much??

Would love input- REOP gun loaded....

The Great One

Default Re: Last Blockbuster(s)- Targetting Mack AND/OR Byfuglien

I think both trades are not enough to get it done.

If by some chance you can land Mack for just Rask/Bjugstad and the 10th overall.....jump all over that. Hell Id offer both Rask AND Bjugstad AND the 10th overall. 10th overall should net you someone line Suzuki, Vilardi, Heiskanen, Liljegren.....maybe Mittelstadt.

Im wary about big Buff. I feel like his decline is going to be steep. Id rather trade Severson than Zaitsev. The 2nd and the 3rd is pretty weak but see if he bites? Id rather use the 10th overall to land Mack, so try not to add that piece into this deal.

Severson, a 2nd and a 'good' prospect like Tuch/Raddysh for Buff is a decent haul.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I think both trades are not enough to get it done.

If by some chance you can land Mack for just Rask/Bjugstad and the 10th overall.....jump all over that. Hell Id offer both Rask AND Bjugstad AND the 10th overall. 10th overall should net you someone line Suzuki, Vilardi, Heiskanen, Liljegren.....maybe Mittelstadt.

Im wary about big Buff. I feel like his decline is going to be steep. Id rather trade Severson than Zaitsev. The 2nd and the 3rd is pretty weak but see if he bites? Id rather use the 10th overall to land Mack, so try not to add that piece into this deal.

Severson, a 2nd and a 'good' prospect like Tuch/Raddysh for Buff is a decent haul.
    Yea trade one does include both- and honestly Id likely add more- pick or peospect wise to get Mack done. Deal 2 got shut down already- hes a contender and wants BB I think- which is likely just as well- hes a big dollar add who is fine in the short term but probaly set to become an anchor in the not so distant future...

Dobber Sports Ace

It's worth a shot for Mackinnon but as a Mackinnon owner in a similar league I wouldn't take it seriously. But you can always try and see what happens.

For Mack, I'd be prepared to move guys like Skinner, Lindholm, Kadri, Klefbom, Zaitsev.

Your defense is pretty awesome - perhaps start with 10th overall + Zaitsev + Rask. Something like that.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

The Great One

Ok I will- I just sent Rask/Bjug/10th overall and hes complained (jokingly) that I send too many offers at once. So Ill wait to hear back and if he doesnt like Bjugstad involved Ill swap him out for Zaitsev. Thanks for the suggestion and compliment!!!