Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steve Bartman gets World Series ring

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Cubs give Bartman a World Series ring.

Interesting and very kind thing of the organization. Hopefully this guy can start living a normal life now.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/245543...ing-from-cubs/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Steve Bartman gets World Series ring

Great story and great thoughtfulness from the Cubs. Poor guy had his life ruined/

http://wgntv.com/2017/07/31/steve-ba...pionship-ring/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Steve Bartman gets World Series ring

I suspect that next up will be an offer for him to come and throw out the 1st pitch and get a standing ovation from the crowd
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

That's awesome. Good for the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    That's awesome. Good for the Cubs.
    Good for the cubs, now that they are World Series Champs, but where were the Cubs from 2003-2016??

Could have tried some publicity stunts to try and make it so Bartman could have lived a better life rather than being the Scapegoat for 13 years.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Good for the cubs, now that they are World Series Champs, but where were the Cubs from 2003-2016??

Could have tried some publicity stunts to try and make it so Bartman could have lived a better life rather than being the Scapegoat for 13 years.
    I agree with you. That being said, if Bartman lets Alou catch that foul ball, the Cubs win that series and would have been the favorites to win the WS. The Marlins beat the Yanks in 6 and the Cubs were better than the Marlins.

And if anybody questions the play, watch the replays. Alou catches that ball if there is no interference.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I honestly think this is kinda dumb.

But ultimately it's just money out of the owners pocket so who really cares.

The backlash he's always received is despicable and embarrassing, but the Cubs didn't do anything to him. The interference was his own fault, I don't really see what he's done to merit a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I agree with you. That being said, if Bartman lets Alou catch that foul ball, the Cubs win that series and would have been the favorites to win the WS. The Marlins beat the Yanks in 6 and the Cubs were better than the Marlins.

And if anybody questions the play, watch the replays. Alou catches that ball if there is no interference.
    True, but this is the MLB, for the Cubs to give up 8 runs in one inning they were letting Bartman and that ply get into their minds... they should be above that.

It was not Bartman that was pitching that let the Marlins get 8 runs.

It was not Bartman calling the shots and deciding who to pitch that allowed the Marlins to get the 8 runs.

It was not Bartman that was on the field and not making the outs to allow the Marlins get 8 runs.

It was the CUBS that lost that game and gave up 8 runs, and then couldn't win the next game, and they used Bartman as the scapegoat for 13 years.

Dobber Sports Sage

True, but this is the MLB, for the Cubs to give up 8 runs in one inning they were letting Bartman and that ply get into their minds... they should be above that.

It was not Bartman that was pitching that let the Marlins get 8 runs.

It was not Bartman calling the shots and deciding who to pitch that allowed the Marlins to get the 8 runs.

It was not Bartman that was on the field and not making the outs to allow the Marlins get 8 runs.

It was the CUBS that lost that game and gave up 8 runs, and then couldn't win the next game, and they used Bartman as the scapegoat for 13 years.
    LOL- of course the Cubs could have overcome the Bartman play. If you look at the sequence of plays after the Bartman interference, it is easy to see how that inning would have been different if Alou makes that catch.

The Cubs also could have won game 7.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Magnificent One

Who's to say they didn't? By all accounts Bartman just wanted to put it all behind him. Had he wanted to, he could've cashed in to the tune of millions. I like the outcome, for everyone.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

this wouldn't feel right if Luongo didn't chime in:

Strombone‏ @strombone1 6h6 hours ago

Strombone Retweeted WGN TV News
    Man even Bartman got a ring before I did smh
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Who's to say they didn't? By all accounts Bartman just wanted to put it all behind him. Had he wanted to, he could've cashed in to the tune of millions. I like the outcome, for everyone.
    I read from a knowledgeable source that the Cubs reached out to Bartman when Ricketts bought the team but nothing ever materialized. I know Epstein said he wanted to mend the fences with Bartman 6 years ago. Probably, it was easy not to do anything publicly with Bartman since he never sought any attention from the incident and he lived a very private, quiet life. He had all sorts of opportunities to make money from the incident but he never did. He never did any interviews and has never gone back to Wrigley Field. I've always felt bad for the guy. It could have been anyone.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I read from a knowledgeable source that the Cubs reached out to Bartman when Ricketts bought the team but nothing ever materialized. I know Epstein said he wanted to mend the fences with Bartman 6 years ago. Probably, it was easy not to do anything publicly with Bartman since he never sought any attention from the incident and he lived a very private, quiet life. He had all sorts of opportunities to make money from the incident but he never did. He never did any interviews and has never gone back to Wrigley Field. I've always felt bad for the guy. It could have been anyone.
    I watched a documentary on him a year or so ago and thought he was even offered money to attend a play-off game and he declined. Doubt he ever goes back to wringley

Dobber Sports Titan

Imagine working your whole life, some paying to be trafficed into the USA just to play baseball and win a world series, and this guy gets a "WS Ring" for costing a city a chance at a WS yrs before. That's not fair in my eyes, guy had literally nothing to do with the team.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll