Thread: Eastern Conference rankings with goalie start projections

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Eastern Conference rankings with goalie start projections

Does this look about right to you guys? I know the starts is never fully 100% accurate since there are injuries and some teams call up and send goalies down but is this about right? Thanks

1. Washington Capitals...........................Braden Holtby (65) Philipp Grubauer (17)
    2. Pittsburgh Penguins...........................Matt Murray (55) Antti Niemi (27)
    3. Tampa Bay Lightning..........................Andrei Vasilevsky (55) Peter Budaj (27)
    4. Columbus Blue Jackets.......................Sergei Bobrovsky (62) Joonas Korpisalo (20)
    5. New York Rangers..............................Henrik Lundqvist (58) Ondrej Pavelec (24)
    6. Boston Bruins....................................Tuuka Rask (65) Anton Khudobin (17)
    7. Ottawa Senators................................Craig Anderson (60) Mike Condon (22)
    8. Toronto Maple Leafs...........................Frederik Andersen (65) Curtis McElhinney (17)
    9. Montreal Canadiens...........................Carey Price (65) Al Montoya (17)
    10. Buffalo Sabres..................................Robin Lehner (60) Chad Johnson (22)
    11. Carolina Hurricanes...........................Cam Ward (50) Scott Darling (32)
    12. New York Islanders...........................Thomas Greiss (55) Jaroslav Halak (27)
    13. Florida Panthers................................Roberto Luongo (45) James Reimer (37)
    14. Detroit Red Wings.............................Petr Mrazek (50) Jimmy Howard (32)
    15. Philadelphia Flyers............................Brian Elliot (50) Michal Neuvirth (32)
    16. New Jersey Devils.............................Cory Schneider (60) Keith Kinkaid (22)

****BONUS****
    Braden Holtby (65) 41 wins / .923 SV% / 7 SO
    Matt Murray (55) 34 wins / .922 SV% / 3 SO
    Andrei Vasilevsky (55) 33 wins / .918 SV% / 3 SO
    Sergei Bobrovsky (62) 36 wins / .924 SV% / 5 SO
    Henrik Lundqvist (58) 32 wins / .914 SV% / 3 SO
    Tuuka Rask (65) 35 wins / .916 SV% / 6 SO
    Craig Anderson (60) 31 wins / .920 SV% / 4 SO
    Frederik Andersen (65) 32 wins / .919 SV% / 4 SO
    Carey Price (62) 34 wins / .924 SV% / 4 SO
    Robin Lehner (60) 30 wins / .921 SV% / 2 SO
    Cam Ward (45) 22 wins / .905 SV% / 1 SO
    Thomas Greiss (55) 26 wins / .915 SV% / 2 SO
    Roberto Luongo (45) 22 wins / .915 SV% / 1 SO
    Petr Mrazek (50) 21 wins / .910 SV% / 2 SO
    Brian Elliot (50) 20 wins / .912 SV% / 2 SO
    Cory Schneider (60) 23 wins / .914 SV% / 2 SO

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Eastern Conference rankings with goalie start projections

I think Montoya gets at least 20 games.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Magnificent One

I see a lot more from darling. I know first year there and such but I expect him to be the starter but closer to 55/45
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I see a lot more from darling. I know first year there and such but I expect him to be the starter but closer to 55/45
    fair enough. do you guys think the rankings is fair? anything look out of line to you?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is such a tough conference to predict this year. Florida could bounce back this year, and Buffalo will be improved. I'm thinking one of at least one of Ottawa or Columbus to fall back this year (as the players may get tired of their abrasive coaches).

The Great One

The numbers for Detroit should be flipped - the team has gone on record saying they want Howard to start 50-55 games (http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nh...ies/502055001/). I see Lundqvist and Schneider both getting close to 65 starts and Price more like 60. I also see Darling taking more of Ward's time than you're showing - at most it will be like Luongo and Reimer in Florida.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This was close to calling for some negative rep there Mr. Stuntman ... placing Philly in 2nd last? Ouch man!

I surely hope you are wrong with this, I am hoping that we are not worse then last year and hoping for some better seasons from Giroux and Voracek and the young guys making an impact.

Anyways... I hope you are wrong with that prediction... but as for your goalie stars predictions:

- I could see Ward and Darling being closer to a 50-50 split
    - I think Howard will see a larger portion of games and maybe even more than Mrazek.
    - I think Vasileskiy gets closer to the 60 range

The Magnificent One

Are your rankings where you see the teams finishing in the standings or is this how the goalies will fair in a combined effort (stats?)

Either way I am a devil fan but still don't see them in last Position. I'm not blind they will be bad but not sure last bad. I could see Detroit, nyi, and mon being worse.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Let me add nyi could be really good I just never have faith in them. They always seem to find away so crash and burn. Sorry islander fans but I live in Long Island NY and talking to fans many have no faith. I know I will get hate mail now for this post but fingers crossed they do well I do own a few of them on my fantasy team lol

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Are your rankings where you see the teams finishing in the standings or is this how the goalies will fair in a combined effort (stats?)

Either way I am a devil fan but still don't see them in last Position. I'm not blind they will be bad but not sure last bad. I could see Detroit, nyi, and mon being worse.
    yes where they finish in the standings. for now this is what i have them but have another 4 weeks until i release my full list which i also use in a $50 1 year pts league and a $250 1 year pts league.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Agreed and a handful for Lindgren as well when injuries arise.

Dobber Sports Ace

Darling. I'd say he starts 55. They didn't bring him in to compete with Ward.

Niemi. I could see more like 35 starts - Pittsburgh has 19 back to backs + the occasional rest for Murray.

Reimer. I'm hopeful he does more like 45-50 starts. I don't think Luongo goes away easily but I think Reimer's the guy.

Lehner. More like 35 wins if he actually plays 60 games. Sabres are improving.

Luongo. Again, I think Reimer plays more but assuming Lu plays 45 games I think he hits 26+wins. I see Florida rebounding this year.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Monster

thanks for the input guys. am always open to constructive criticism. i don't want to be making an outlandish list that will make me lose money in my pools (or yours) but so far back to back phenomenal results and ended this year with my first (money) fantasy hockey pool win. It's become an obsession of mine to rule my pools lol

Dobber Sports Jedi

Leafs will win the East. So TB needs to be bumped down. Tor to 3rd.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4