Thread: Just bought Dadanov!!!

The Great One

Default Just bought Dadanov!!!

Ive been such a huge fan and finally own him. I think 4mil will be a steal. I really think hes radulov-lite (maybe just radulov?) at 4 mil for the next 3 seasons.

I gave up Gillies (who I love- but got scared off of from the Gillies/Parsons thread I started :P ) and Trenin (who I like but dont know much about :P ).

This is the part where I get crucified internetally for losing two guys im not SUPER informed on... but F@*$ it- Im a huge Dadanov fan!! This pushes faksa to my farm where he belongs. I love this player- I love this pickup!!!

ADDENDUM: Goalies have a ton of value in this league- the price WAS steep. Im just a bit buzzed and trying to celebrate getting a guy Ive wanted ever since Jouko said VGK should sign him...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Just bought Dadanov!!!

Glad you got your guy. I'm a Parsons supporter so I don't think Gillies is too much. That being said, there are Panarins who come over, and there are also Plotnikovs. Not to rain on your parade, but temper your expectations just a touch
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I hear ya dude solid advice! Im notgoing to get too ahead of myself but I dont think hes a plotky- lol! Sadly not a Panarin either. Im cautiously optimistic for a Radulov-lite. I dont expect a gamebreaker but Im hoping for solid 55-60 point production with every offensive opportunity to succeed. Lol- I hear what ur saying and I totally agree- but I guess i am a little jacked- lol! Dadanov a personal sleeper pick...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like this move for you... gets you more immediate help now and it could be a huge boom or bust trade, which with what you gave up is totally worth it. Nice more!

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's a solid gamble. Good move.

Dobber Sports Monster

I support this trade as well. Dadonov should be a locka for 40 pts with 55 + potential

BTW I like reading your threads...you sure make them fun to read

Dobber Sports Superstar

If your happy F-E, thats all that matters. You can always find other prospects and FLA didn't sign him to send to AHL.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

If you guys are following the narrative (read"flurry of oveabundant trades :P )- Ive got two more coming down the pipeline- that are "mostly" confirmed barring outside conversations.

id move:

Parise (need to ditch contract), Tuch (I like a lot but...), a 1st, 4th and 7th in 19

For

Njugstad (dcent gamble), A Forsberg (see him as Tuch levcel prospect only at a much harder position to fill), and the 10th overall/

After that I could trade B Nelson and the 12th for Toffoli and a later 3rd (18/19). Parise out would clear cap for him and Id still have the 10th overall to gamble on a rookie.

Thouvghts??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    If you guys are following the narrative (read"flurry of oveabundant trades :P )- Ive got two more coming down the pipeline- that are "mostly" confirmed barring outside conversations.

id move:

Parise (need to ditch contract), Tuch (I like a lot but...), a 1st, 4th and 7th in 19

For

Njugstad (dcent gamble), A Forsberg (see him as Tuch levcel prospect only at a much harder position to fill), and the 10th overall/

After that I could trade B Nelson and the 12th for Toffoli and a later 3rd (18/19). Parise out would clear cap for him and Id still have the 10th overall to gamble on a rookie.

Thouvghts??
    Good job getting Dadonov, that was a good deal for you. Don't do either of these two deals, though. You're giving up way too much in both deals.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Good job getting Dadonov, that was a good deal for you. Don't do either of these two deals, though. You're giving up way too much in both deals.
    I pulled the trigger on deal 2. I asked for feedback- which is very much welcome but just wanted to give mny reasoning.

The 12th overall is nice- there should be some great options at that spot- but Toffoli (get to more on him) is proven and as enticing as the 12th is its still gamble.

I am not super high on Nelson. I was before I started doing deeper digging and lots of NYI/Brooklyn bloggers seem infuriated by his inconsistency. Is that a water tight argument? No- not at all. In fact it even allows that he can be dominant in stretches which is where his upside might lie. But that being said I hate owning players whose commitment level is always in question.

As for Toffoli- I am very high on him this year. Hes about as surefire of a rebound candidate as you can find out there. On top of that LA is supposedly opening up their offense next year and if hes a solid 1a winger which I think is pretty easily attainable at this point- than a 4.7 price point locked in for 3 years- is fantastic value. hes also a goal scorer who generally has slightly better than average sogs which I value a lot.

The picks are junk but have currency. I tried for higher and the other GM even said he would but just didnt have them.

So in closing- being low on Nelson I basically added Toffoli (whom Im high on) for a middling asset and a homerun pick. Id likely have drafted Neccas, Suzuki, Yam, or reached for Tolvanen- each of those guys is enticing but not necessarily a lock. Toffoli is locked in.

Just my thoughts...