Thread: Just for shoots and giggles...

The Great One

Default Just for shoots and giggles...

So Ive been wheeling and dealing like crazy- but am closing in on the last of the moves I need/want to make. So as of tonight I had 3 seperate deals I was discussing that seemed to "get close"- but each one is going to sleep on it.

Itll never happen but I think the deals cover each other well which would address the needs Im targetting and balance each other out.

So without further adieu- never going to happen but...

Outgoing:

Parise, B Nelson, Kaprizov, Gillies, Trenin, Tuch, 1st in 19, 6th in 19, and the 20th overall for
    Hall, Arvidsson, Dadanov, and a 3rd in 18

Ive got teo 1sts in 19 so should be ok- and lots of picks this year.

Cap outgoing would (hypothetically be 12.2, incoming 14 even- which is 2.8 and would leave me at 103ish out of 105.

Its a lot of futures but Id be adding some serious ammo to back up my boy auston matthews- thoughts???

The Great One

Default Re: Just for shoots and giggles...

I feel like Im posting so much no ones paying attention anymore- lmao!! Its funny cause this is a big money league too- the most expensive one Ive ever bought into- hahaha!!

So the 3rd deal fell through but...

Outgoing:

Lindholm, Gillies, Trenin, Kaprizov, and a 1st in 19
    for
    Hall, Dadanov and a 3rd in 18.

Im a huge Lindholm fan- Im also a Kaprizov fan (I admit their are risks here though). I brought in 10 and have ended up at being over by only .75 of our total. That being said I am a HUGE fan of both these guys!! I think Im writing this for my own benefit at this point :P. I literally cannot consider or make a trade without posting on dobber- hahaha!!!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I feel like Im posting so much no ones paying attention anymore- lmao!! Its funny cause this is a big money league too- the most expensive one Ive ever bought into- hahaha!!

So the 3rd deal fell through but...

Outgoing:

Lindholm, Gillies, Trenin, Kamprizov, and a 1st in 19
    for
    Hall, Dadanov and a 3rd in 18.

Im a huge Lindholm fan- Im also a Kaprizov fan (I admit their are risks here though). I brought in 10 and have ended up at being over by only .75 of our total. That being said I am a HUGE fan of both these guys!! I think Im writing this for my own benefit at this point :P. I literally cannot consider or make a trade without posting on dobber- hahaha!!!
    I like this deal above for you as I'm not sure when, if ever, Kaprizov will cross the ocean.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

Potentially adding:

Parise, Tuch, 1st, 4th and 7th in 19
    For
    A Forsberg, Bjugstad, and the 10th overall this year.

I cant afford parises salary so to move him I get a "swing for the fences" pick in Bjug's rebound, and can upgrade Tuch to Forsberg. They are both B- prospects but Forsberg is a much harder to replace position and would help the sting of moving Gillies. The 7th DOES NOT MATTER (to me specifically anyways). I dont love the 4th in there but Im calling it wheel grease. This trade solves cap issues and restocks a diminishing goalie stable.

So in total:

Parise, Lindholm, Gillies, Trenin, Kaprizov, Tuch, 2 1sts, a 4th and a 7th in 19.
    for
    Hall, Dadanov, Bjugstad, A Forsberg, the 10th overall this year and a 3rd in 18.

I know Ive given a lot of depth and picks but I feel like I got the best players. My farm is a bit depleted but Im still safe in net (where it really matters- and my picks arent as bad as youd think they are. If this goes through Ill have 2 1sts, 3 2nds and a 3rd this year. Im actually debating moving a package of picks to replenih a 1st in 2019 (Ive still got a first and second in 18, and a 2nd and 3rd in 19). In any case Im rambling.

My thoughts are that I gave up a lot of depth/futures to clear out junk and ice a competetive roster around Mathews while hes still cheap. Since taking over the team Ive added FF, OEL, Hall and Dadanov- basically at the cost of futures. Im happy with those moves. Just checking in to see if I missed something. Ive stated several times this is my 1st cap/dynasty league and Ive been a little bit active for someone new to the format. Looking for some validation and/or constructive criticism...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you can add Forsberg to it for that I like it even more!! I think it is better now with Forsberg then it was with Arvidsson... greater sample size.