Thread: Acquiring Dadanov And/Or Nyquist- Serious offer on the Table- REP!!

The Great One

Default Acquiring Dadanov And/Or Nyquist- Serious offer on the Table- REP!!

So I was a bit buzzed last night and basically posted a series of thread that were dancing around the same question. Ive received some concrete offers and I will post a clear and concise breakdown of what is offered and what hes looking for in return. Would love feedback as I feel a little out of my depth in my first salary league.

So my main thing is to add a winger/forward. I will update sig but basically my goal is to try and replace Janmark and maybe Faksa as active roster players- so looking to acquire one to two forwards. My cap is at 100.345/105 but I dont have a number for Severson yet. Also his primary targets are Gillies- who I really had not wanted to move as I own Smith and Lack- but basically every deal included him and goalies are his biggest need, so if Im doing a deal Gillies is out. After that I have Andersen/Smith as starters with Lack and Saaros as my 2 bench guys in a 2g daily start format (Also banking on Saaros as the heir incumbent to my tending issues). Zane MacIntyre and Dylan Wells are my project guys. The second target he has is a high pick- I also just acquired a 3rd rounder (basically to help in these talks at the cost of a 3rd in 19 and a 7th (negligible)

So anyways- he sent THREE offers. Sounds like hes flexible on each. The guys offered are Nyquist (who Im hoping is a buy low) and Dadanov (who is a wildcard but my preferred target here if I only take one)

DEAL 1:

Dadanov + Nyquist for Gillies 12th overall
    Pros- I get the two guys I want.
    Cons- Aside from losing Gillies which Ill have to in ANY deal- I have a specific guy in mind at 12. I could maybe counter with the 17th but even then- I cant even afford the 8.7 coming in without demoting parise for free. That being said- hed be an ok farm reserve guy- if an injury happens might be able to make some moves to bring him backup- but then again Im not even sure Nyquist is an upgrade to Parise at this point.

DEAL 2:

Dadanov + Nyquist + 60th overall for Parise + Gillies + Tuch +12th overall
    Pros- Parises contract is gone.
    Cons- Salary cap leagues seem weird- so instead of demoting him I have to give away his decent (albeit (overpriced) production and Ive got to "throw in" Tuch to do it? Im new to cap leagues but why wouldnt I just demote him as an injury replacement, keep my top prospect, and eventually pitch Parise to a cap floor team for an "anything I can get type deal"- why does it cost me assets to move a guy I can get for free? Im asking honestly because this is my first dynasty/cap league. So far it seems like the first offer with a Parise demotion makes way more sense. I also dont move to make Tuch for a very specific reason- Ive got him in an offer for El Nino...

DEAL 3:

Dadanov for Gillies and the 20th overall
    Pros- I like Dadanov
    Cons- Gillies is awesome and I dont want to give him up- isnt he worth Dadanov alone?? If not I didnt have the 37th overall (which I own now)- so I could offer that instead- but again I feel like Gillies is worth a Dadanov. Ive got like no picks next year- what about something like Gillies/3rd rounder for Dadanov 4th in 18 or 3rd in 19? Am I overvaluing Gillies? Undervaluing Dadanov? Id really like to add a forward- but goalies feel like gold in this league.

Really stuck here- thioughts???

The Great One

Default Re: Acquiring Dadanov And/Or Nyquist- Serious offer on the Table- REP!!

Would a Perron/2nd or Perron/3rd be a fair offer?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm starting not to like nyquist, or anyone in Detroit this year. The top six are all likely 45/55 point forwards at best right now. As for those deals. #3 looked the best. Keep it simple.

And yes, as above, try and dump Perron.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfist138 View Post
    I'm starting not to like nyquist, or anyone in Detroit this year. The top six are all likely 45/55 point forwards at best right now. As for those deals. #3 looked the best. Keep it simple.

And yes, as above, try and dump Perron.
    agree with this. hard to be optimistic about their outlook when their team might be one of the top lottery picks this year.

Still prefer Nyquist and Dadonov over Perron though. I think those are fair offers

fighting emu is the best at making threads, always fun to read

The Great One

My personal opinion - banking on Nyqvist to do anything but disappoint is a risky proposition
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    My personal opinion - banking on Nyqvist to do anything but disappoint is a risky proposition
    I second this opinion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I do not think Perron is enough of an offer... what if you try the first offer without the 12th overall if you have someone in mind for it and put PErron into the deal.

Dadonov/Nqyuist for Gilles and Perron.

The demote Parise.