Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keeper Decision - Who should I go with?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Keeper Decision - Who should I go with?

Hi everyone..

I'm planning on making the following offer.. wondering if it makes sense:

Barkov, Gibson, Connor or Ho-Sang for Talbot, Rantanan (or D. Strome)

If accepted, my keepers will be: Malkin, Backstrom, Giroux, Kuznestov, Draisaitl, Andersen, Talbot.. 3 rookies would be Gostishbere (last year as rookie), PL Dubois, Rantanan (or I could keep Ho-Sang).

Considering I have to drop either Barkov or Giroux.. this makes sense right? Upgrade my G for the short run and make a run for the champ.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd rather see you keep Barkov over Giroux...

Giroux also holds more name value (for now) over Barkov.

I'd offer Giroux, Gibson, Connor for Talbot & D. Strome.

I'd keep Ho-Sang, he's the only one of the three that looks to be in the NHL for sure next season. It appears to be a stronger offer from you, but it allows you to get the prospect upgrade to Strome & keep the higher ceiling player - Barkov.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd rather see you keep Barkov over Giroux...

Giroux also holds more name value (for now) over Barkov.

I'd offer Giroux, Gibson, Connor for Talbot & D. Strome.

I'd keep Ho-Sang, he's the only one of the three that looks to be in the NHL for sure next season. It appears to be a stronger offer from you, but it allows you to get the prospect upgrade to Strome & keep the higher ceiling player - Barkov.
    Thanks.. I'm torn over Giroux vs Barkov. Barkov actually makes more sense to me, given it is a keeper. Giroux offers good stats (FW, PP, Shots) but I'm hoping for a rebound still from him.

For rookie - I thought Rantanan is up-and-coming and goal-favoured player. Strome is interesting also but Keller seems to be taking all the spotlight in this forum. Do you think I should drop Gostishbere and go with Rantanan, Strome, and Dubois?

Dobber Sports Monster

Id rather keep Barkov over Giroux, higher upside and is in his early 20's. Plus if you don't want him he has a higher trade value than Giroux in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    Thanks.. I'm torn over Giroux vs Barkov. Barkov actually makes more sense to me, given it is a keeper. Giroux offers good stats (FW, PP, Shots) but I'm hoping for a rebound still from him.

For rookie - I thought Rantanan is up-and-coming and goal-favoured player. Strome is interesting also but Keller seems to be taking all the spotlight in this forum. Do you think I should drop Gostishbere and go with Rantanan, Strome, and Dubois?
    No.. I'd hold Ghost. 2yrs under his belt, he's a hold. I'd be most tempted to drop Dubois if I had to make the decision now. He just seems like the least impactful offensive player of the bunch. Ghost could outpoint him for the next 3 years, let alone Strome & Rantanen.

With FOW, agreed Giroux has good value. but if his PPP's drop, you're in a world of hurt cuz his 5-5 numbers ain't good -- 86, 73, 66, 58 -- Giroux's point totals in order over the past four years... something ain't right with him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the input.. sounds like Giroux should be the one to go.. I can make up the stats elsewhere I hope.

With the rookies, Ho-Sang over Strome or Rantanan? Gostisbhere will not be a rookie next year but I can make a decision next year. Thanks for your help btw!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hmmm.. Talbot owner wants Barkov. I'm imagining the deal would be:

Barkov, Gibson, Dubois for Talbot, Strome, 2nd round pick (135 overall)... feels like an over payment but I have to drop either Giroux or Barkov anyway. Thoughts on this trade?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    Hmmm.. Talbot owner wants Barkov. I'm imagining the deal would be:

Barkov, Gibson, Dubois for Talbot, Strome, 2nd round pick (135 overall)... feels like an over payment but I have to drop either Giroux or Barkov anyway. Thoughts on this trade?
    Hard to assess... what's the value of the pick? How many teams/roster spots in this league and what kind of players might be available?

Thinking through this... I think Strome (assuming D. Strome) is a slight upgrade on Dubois, and Talbot is an upgrade on Gibson, and Barkov (or Giroux) you have to lose anyway, right? In this case you get to upgrade two spots, gain a draft pick, and lose a player you would have had to lose anyway. It might feel like an overpayment but rationally considering the keeper circumstances, this is a win, no?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by randomscrub23 View Post
    Hard to assess... what's the value of the pick? How many teams/roster spots in this league and what kind of players might be available?

Thinking through this... I think Strome (assuming D. Strome) is a slight upgrade on Dubois, and Talbot is an upgrade on Gibson, and Barkov (or Giroux) you have to lose anyway, right? In this case you get to upgrade two spots, gain a draft pick, and lose a player you would have had to lose anyway. It might feel like an overpayment but rationally considering the keeper circumstances, this is a win, no?
    The deadline was tonight so I pulled the following trade...

Barkov, Giroux, Gibson, Dubois for Wheeler, Talbot, Strome, 2nd. I have to give up Giroux or Barkov anyways so might as well upgrade two players (Wheeler > Giroux). Hope it turns out ok. Only problem is Talbot and Wheeler is older than Gibson and Barkov.. but they should both be studs for years to come.