Thread: NHL18 Player Rating Pool

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default NHL18 Player Rating Pool

I've had this idea for awhile now and figured I'd see what people thought. A fantasy pool for trying to guess what EA Sports rates players in the upcoming game (the original roster). It would be formatted kind of like a playoff pool pick'em style. For every team you have to guess the overall for 10F, 5D & 1G off of a list. In addition to that you have to guess 2F, 1D & 1G of your choice. This would be done for all 31 teams. Maybe top Free Agents (5 or 10) and maybe a bonus for guessing the overall fastest skater, best fighter, best overall F/D/G & overall and best checker in the game kind of idea...

For each correct guess you receive 5pts. For every wrong guess you are demoted the difference (E.g Guessed 85, was 83 = -2pts). Bonuses would be worth +3 with no demotion for wrong guess.

E.g. Guess the overall of:

TOR

Bozak, Hyman, Kadri, Komarov, Matthews, Marleau, Marner, Martin, Nylander, JVR + 2F
    Gardiner, Hainsey, Marchenko, Rielly, Zaistev + 1D
    Andersen+1G

For the additional guesses you can pick anyone in the organization under contract. CHL players included. So if you felt like guessing Liljegren you could (good luck though lol).

Put some small money on it for fun. $10 a ticket. 70% to 1st, 20% to 2nd and 5% to 3rd (could change depending on amount of people). I've made it up on a spreadsheet which it would likely run off of... Entrees would have to be submitted a week before release date. The final spreadsheet would be released 3 weeks before the game came out (so rosters would be closer to updated with signings).

Thoughts? Is anyone else potentially interested in this? Is there something I am unaware of that would ruin this game such as an early release date of players ratings or some hidden database? Does Leaguesafe allow money payments that would work in this format? Any other concerns there are? Overall thoughts?

Red

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: NHL18 Player Rating Pool

Interesting...but probably wouldn't put money on it