Thread: Undrafted d-men who signed an NHL contract in the past few months: who are the most likely to make an impact this year?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Undrafted d-men who signed an NHL contract in the past few months: who are the most likely to make an impact this year?

Hi everyone,

I need to complete my D for the upcoming season and because of my league settings and team situation, my best shot at getting an ok d-man is probably to look at undrafted d-men who signed an NHL contract in the past few months (basically euros, college players and junior overagers). Any names that come to mind? Who are the most likely to have an impact this season according to you? My league counts goals and assists.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Undrafted d-men who signed an NHL contract in the past few months: who are the most likely to make an impact this year?

Viktor Antipin is the only one I can see making an immediate impact in points-only fantasy leagues. But even then, it's probably just 25 points or so. Others either require development time in the AHL or they don't offer much in points.

Unless you consider Will Butcher in this category as well, then he's another possibility. He's not undrafted but will be an unrestricted free agent on August 15th and could potentially jump straight from college to the NHL depending on where he lands.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Undrafted d-men who signed an NHL contract in the past few months: who are the most likely to make an impact this year?

Is this an issue of a big league, nasty settings, or something about status based on games played?
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Monster

Antipin is a name that sticks out to me as well. Chris Lee is looking for an NHL contract by the sounds of things but hasn't signed yet. Once he does I'm picking him up in one of my deep leagues

Dobber Sports Pro

a couple super long shots - Rutta and Heed
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Jerabek
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster