Thread: Yahoo Veto Question

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Yahoo Veto Question

I had a trade that was just vetoed in Yahoo baseball...figured I would post it here for more exposure as I assume it's the same between hockey and baseball.

If a trade is vetoed.....how do you know??? I woke up today thinking the trade was processed....but now it's not processed, it's gone from my transactions, it's not in the league transactions list, and there is no update under Commish Updates.

All of this with no explanation and no reasoning for being vetoed. I HATE VETOES

The Wolverine

Default Re: Yahoo Veto Question

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I had a trade that was just vetoed in Yahoo baseball...figured I would post it here for more exposure as I assume it's the same between hockey and baseball.

If a trade is vetoed.....how do you know??? I woke up today thinking the trade was processed....but now it's not processed, it's gone from my transactions, it's not in the league transactions list, and there is no update under Commish Updates.

All of this with no explanation and no reasoning for being vetoed. I HATE VETOES
    There should be evidence of it under the Transactions list under the standings. It would show like a trade has gone through but with 'vetoed' next to it. Unless that only happens when the Commish vetoes it? Was it the league or the commish? Maybe it shows either way.

Dobber Sports Titan

In my leagues they all show up whether it was commish veto or not. So I don't know why this would have just disappeared for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Yahoo sucks. That is all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

It should all be in the transaction list. Maybe click "trades" and see what pops up. Maybe it did go through and it just takes a day to change your roster so click Thursday July 27th to set your lineup then?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

I've tried all of it. Thought the previous suggestion to go to next day would do it...nope.

It is not listed anywhere and polling some league members this morning...no one is admitting to vetoing

Dobber Sports Titan

I've tried all of it. Thought the previous suggestion to go to next day would do it...nope.

It is not listed anywhere and polling some league members this morning...no one is admitting to vetoing
    Do you get emails from Yahoo?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Wolverine

Could it have just been cancelled because someone's roster was invalid at the time of processing? Maybe someone was on DL but came off and that changed the available roster space? I believe this could happen and not give you notification, but can't confirm.

Dobber Sports Novice

I agree with horrorfan. This has happened to me when someone makes a roster change during the trade (picked up a player when at the time of the deal there was an empty spot, or IR/NA transactions). I did NOT get a notification when that happened. It was only on the league page.
    16 Team Yahoo H2H - Dynasty, 25 Players
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Could it have just been cancelled because someone's roster was invalid at the time of processing? Maybe someone was on DL but came off and that changed the available roster space? I believe this could happen and not give you notification, but can't confirm.
    Horrorfan is the winner!!!!!

The dummy I dealt with (it was a 2 for 1 with him getting 2)....did some reworking to his roster with his DL spots in between the time it was accepted and the time it was to be processed.

BUT....there was absolutely no notification anywhere in the League. It just disappeared.

The Great One

Horrorfan is the winner!!!!!

The dummy I dealt with (it was a 2 for 1 with him getting 2)....did some reworking to his roster with his DL spots in between the time it was accepted and the time it was to be processed.

BUT....there was absolutely no notification anywhere in the League. It just disappeared.
    Which goes back to the early post, Yahoo sucks...that's is all. I seriously don't understand how people can tolerate that platform.