Thread: You Didnt Accept My Offer: Go F@*$ \Yourself!

The Great One

Default You Didnt Accept My Offer: Go F@*$ \Yourself!

Not that it matters- it really doesnt- but...

Have you ever had anyone flip out on you for taking a trade that wasnt theirs?

I know in my 11 years pooling Ive had keyboard bashing (light and friendly type) over someone accepting a trade from someone else when I felt like mine was a lot better. In fact Id imagine most of us have been there at some point. Im just curious- have you yourself, or even ever heard of someone acting out on that emotion and sending an angry email?? Im in a new league where me and the gm in question are both new- so this is essentially a stranger Im talking about. We have one succesful trade under our belts and have had planty of constructive debate outside of that. In the aftermath of what went down hes saying I got defensive- which to some degree I may have- but re-reading the email correspondence its pretty clear which direction the anger elevated from- lol!

In any case Im not looking for validation- just more curious if anyone else has had this experience? How do you respond to it? I said I was baffled (which didnt seem to help :P )- but honestly the last thing I want is to alienate a potential trade partner in what figures to be avery competetive league.

Have you heard of this? How do you respond in a way that gets trade lines open again??

EDIT: This GM didnt say Go F@*$ Yourself- just being hyperbolic to stir up a debate- lol!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: You Didnt Accept My Offer: Go F@*$ \Yourself!

Oh yeah all the time. Our league is split almost 50/50 in terms of going for it and just picking prospects it seems. And the guys picking prospects aren't good at it so it's just a vicious cycle of teams waiting to breakout. So you get GM A trading with GM B and GM C thinking his prospects he's sending are better.

Baseball is the worse Fantasy League for this. Guys bust and breakout late ALL the time. Like 2 yrs ago our league actually Veto'd this trade but the two GMs got so butt hurt with it they sent it through 3 1for1 trades to get it done and we all just went "whatever! it's all just for fun anyways".

Arenado, Edwin Encarnacion, Ordorizzi for Franco, Cruz, Ellsbury, Holliday.

The Gm loved Franco and said he was the next big thing so don't worry about the lopsidedness of the deal.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

there might be some private chatter amongst my gm's indicating they'd have given up so n' so in that deal and then carry on with the day .

Dobber Sports Veteran

In my LOEGM league we are very close group of friends, see each other often.

Last year me and one GM were going back and forth with the Brent Burns owners.
    We were both in it to win it, we ended up in the finals and he won....3rd year in a row that bastard.

Anyways, I was offering Gaudreau, Werenski (farm), Helleybuck (farm) and a 1st for Brent Burns and Craig Anderson.
    He was offering Kevin Hayes, Victor Arvidsson, Matt Murray (farm) and a 2nd for Brent Burns and Craig Anderson.

The Burns owner is in the beginning of a re-build.
    We can only keep 9 players and 20 farm.
    So my offer helped him build is farm and give him an elite keeper in Gaudreau.

The Burns owner ended up taking the Matt Murray side because he wanted a starting G from a good team, can't blame him.
    Anyways, we have good arguments over beers now when we see each other who got the best deal.

I ended up moving Gaudreau, Werenski and 1st for Karlsson so I'm actually happier with that.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I actually use this as sort of a strategy.

Some of the guys in my league think that once they receive a decent deal they shouldn't check with other GMs to see what they would offer. Take this past season someone traded Benn for Panarin and a pick.

When a trade involving a big name player like Benn gets moved... I always make sure to send the GM an emailing saying that I could have gave him a better deal for Benn.

This inserts the thought to make sure that you check with me before trading a big name player, cause i if the price is right then I want that player landing on my team not someone elses.