Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buchnevich for Theodore?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Buchnevich for Theodore?

Theodore has all the tools but Vegas will really suck.

I like Theo over Buch.. Theo was once (is still?) considered the best prospect at his position. Certainly top 3. I don't think Buchnevich has ever had that distinction. For some reason, I have some optimism regarding the way Gallant will try to develop Theodore. If Buchnevich doesn't cut it with the "win now" Rangers, they have options to go right around him.. Vegas doesn't really have as many options with Theodore..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Default Re: Buchnevich for Theodore?

is anyone else worried about Buch's shot totals?? I know its only one year so prbably too early to be writing it in stone as his norm- but they are CRAZY low. I love the upside and dang he puts together some nice highlight reel videos- but looking at the raw stats I find that shot volume really concerning. I know he only averaged 13 minutes a game which obviously plays a role- but hes firing barely over a sog per game- thats the kind of shot production Mike Ribeiro is even scoffing at :P. I was going after him hard but pulled up the rigns when I saw this. Between more icetime and being better acclimated next year Im expecting a legitimate bump here- but man that volume is low right now.

For that reason- Im leaning towards Theo right now...