Thread: Kasperi Kapenen

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Kasperi Kapenen

hey guys, points only lifetime keeper

i got offered kasperi kapenen for travis Hamonic.... seems like a no brainer but I'm wondering what kapenens outlook this season will look like. Will he start in the A or with the Leafs? And Where does he fit with the leafs?

my team is in win now mode, made some trades last season for more veteran guys so I could use some younger blood. Plus Hamonic is in a logjam in CGY and shouldn't get much PP time (and hasn't been a big point producer in the past). He's also my 5th dman to come off the bench.

Appreciate any feedback and hope everyone's having a great summer.... but I can't wait till puck drop haha. Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Kasperi Kapenen

You definitely make that trade. I don't have any answers to your questions, but Hamonic is a steady low-upside defenseman. Kapanen is a high potential up and coming winger. Definitely definitely make this trade.

Dobber Sports Ace

Points only, I agree with rataylor. Hamonic is like that 2nd baseman that plays good defense but hits .225. Kapanen is a pretty good prospect so more boom or bust. Irl, you take hamo. In points only, hamo's /2nd basemens defense is almost meaningless here. Swing for the fences and if it doesn't work out, I'd think the WW fills hamo's points only upside

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like Kapanen quite a bit. Works really hard and has some offensive upside. I can see him developing into a nice 2nd line winger.

Easy accept for me.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yes here too- in points only, Hamonic is pretty far down the list- Kapanen either gets the playing time, or is a nice addition to a deadline deal for you
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Novice

Awesome thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If this is points only accept as fast as you can! Hell regardless of the league setting accept now
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm not quite as high as others on Kapanen but I still make the trade and would be pretty happy with it. Hamonic has very low upside to his point totals

Dobber Sports Stud

In sim leagues Hamonic is a fricking stud, in fantasy he is a marginal player often on the UFA lists
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Issue is whether Kapanen makes the team this year though isn't it? I agree Kapanen is the better option but if you are in win now I actually think Hamonic outproduces him next season so do you have the depth to make up that short fall and still win it?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Issue is whether Kapanen makes the team this year though isn't it? I agree Kapanen is the better option but if you are in win now I actually think Hamonic outproduces him next season so do you have the depth to make up that short fall and still win it?
    I'd wager there should be quite a few waiver wire defensemen who can reasonably be expected to provide what Hamonic would.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Points-only? Take the deal. And then flip Kapanen to a Toronto fan.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd also want Kapanen over Hamonic in a points only format.

I will say, it's funny watching the opinions turn back to positive on Kapanen. For a while (especially after the Kessel trade), there wasn't much optimism for his future around these parts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    Yes here too- in points only, Hamonic is pretty far down the list- Kapanen either gets the playing time, or is a nice addition to a deadline deal for you
    pretty much what polecon says imo in a fantasy hockey perspective.

I feel like he'll be used as trade bait by lou lam towards something down the road so his career might take off elsewhere .

ironically , prior to expansion I was hoping the isles would trade one of de haan or hammy for kap . to limit damage from exp. draft yet receive an asset that wouldnt need protection