Thread: Trying to get Draisaitl....

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Trying to get Draisaitl....

Started with a Monahan/ Fabbri combo but not working as of now....should I put more?

Last declined deal was:

Monahan
    Fabbri

For

Draisaitl
    Burakovsky

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trying to get Draisaitl....

This was the deal with Gibson and Bob in it right
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    This was the deal with Gibson and Bob in it right
    The deal in the OP was the first one in....he countered with Gibson and Bob in....but I don't want to give Gibson....especially in a salary cap league....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

If I were the Draisaitl owner, I wouldn't take that last offer of Monahan and Fabbri either. Just not enough IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

He probably knows you want Draisaitl a lot so he's trying to get you to pay through the nose - you can't really blame him. One option would be to wait until Draisaitl signs, since if it's for a big number then the owner should become much more flexible.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

FWIW, I'd probably do the deal with Gibson/Bob in it if you can make the salaries work (like dropping Ladd outright). I think Burakovsky is close to Fabbri's value and Draisatl trumps Monahan by quite a bit.

If I were the Draisatl owner, I'd require an upgrade somewhere and you haven't really offered it anywhere yet.

The other option is to remove Burakovsky and do Monahan + Fabbri + something for Draisatl.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Stud

That's what I'm thinking. I don't really care about burakovsky in that deal. Sabe the salary there and do monahan and fabri. Or do the one with goalies and make it work. Drop a player or take bura out
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Genius

Most GMs won't make a move knowing they are losing the best player in the deal - regardless of the amount of pieces coming back. Not enough in my opinion. I would need a top 20 forward just to get things moving. Those two are not top 20 forwards and likely won't be anytime soon.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Expert

I own Draisaitl. Your offer would be an insult.

Edit: Looking at your team, if you were dealing with me, the offer would need to begin with Marner, before we discuss who else is being added for me to give up Draisaitl.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Master

I waited for a cold saturday night in feb to propose voracek>>>draisaitl to one of my diehard flyer fans that participates in my leagues .

he likes his brewskies

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    I own Draisaitl. Your offer would be an insult.

Edit: Looking at your team, if you were dealing with me, the offer would need to begin with Marner, before we discuss who else is being added for me to give up Draisaitl.
    Seeds, is Monahan + Fabbri for Draisatl insulting? I would have thought it would be a good starting place with the need to upgrade either Fabbri or a goalie.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    Seeds, is Monahan + Fabbri for Draisatl insulting? I would have thought it would be a good starting place with the need to upgrade either Fabbri or a goalie.
    For the record, I did not mean to be insulting.

Draisaitl was a second year player who ranked 8th in points (I am in a points only league). To place that in perspective, he ranked ahead of players like Tarasenko, Ovechkin, Pastrnak, Kessel, Pavelski, Seguin and Malkin.

While still young, Monahan has been in the league for several seasons and finished 47th overall in points last season.

So, yes, I would consider the offer of Monahan and any lesser player to be a lowball.
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    For the record, I did not mean to be insulting.

Draisaitl was a second year player who ranked 8th in points (I am in a points only league). To place that in perspective, he ranked ahead of players like Tarasenko, Ovechkin, Pastrnak, Kessel, Pavelski, Seguin and Malkin.

While still young, Monahan has been in the league for several seasons and finished 47th overall in points last season.

So, yes, I would consider the offer of Monahan and any lesser player to be a lowball.
    Thanks Seeds - I didn't take it as insulting at all. I was genuinely curious how you value Draisatl.

Makes sense. Draisatl is one of those players difficult to trade for/away. If I own him, I probably value him as you are - up there with Seguin/Malkin. But if I'm trading for him, I'm not giving up any of those guys based on their proven ability to perform over multiple years (Pasta excluded).

Maybe I'm in the minority.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    Thanks Seeds - I didn't take it as insulting at all. I was genuinely curious how you value Draisatl.

Makes sense. Draisatl is one of those players difficult to trade for/away. If I own him, I probably value him as you are - up there with Seguin/Malkin. But if I'm trading for him, I'm not giving up any of those guys based on their proven ability to perform over multiple years (Pasta excluded).

Maybe I'm in the minority.
    No worries.

For clarification, I cannot value him as highly as any proven player mentioned (except Pasta). I did say in my opening comment that for me the conversation would begin with Marner + for Draisaitl; and even then, it would depend. Draisaitl is one of my untouchables, so for me, it would need to be a great offer.
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Something like Kessel+Tkachuk would be more like it... IMO
    10 teams
    20 man roster - Keep 10 - 86,5$ Salary Cap
    Points only league - G(1) - A(1) - Goalie W(2) - SO (1)

Roster:

F- Matthews, Stamkos, Zibanejad, Kane, J.Hughes, Roslovic, Huberdeau, Cirelli, Kaprizov, Olofsson, Drouin, Puljujarvi

D- Carlson, Lehtonen, Makar, Boqvist, Byram, K.Miller

G- Shesterkin, Hellebuyck

Minors:

F- Newhook, Raymond, Podkolzin, Dach, Hoglander
    D- Romanov
    G- Sorokin, Kahkonen, Oettinger