• Leon Draisaitl (EDM)

2 6.90%
  • Steven Stamkos (TB)

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seguin, Tarasenko, Backstrom, Draisaitl, Stamkos

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Seguin, Tarasenko, Backstrom, Draisaitl, Stamkos

pick one for next season (pts only) who would you go with. they're all listed as Forwards

F- Tyler Seguin
    F- Vladimir Tarasenko
    F- Nicklas Backstrom
    F- Leon Draisaitl
    F- Steven Stamkos

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Seguin, Tarasenko, Backstrom, Draisaitl, Stamkos

Gut says Seguin, unless theres positional limits in which case I'll probably go with Tarasenko

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

For next season only:

I want the guy that was stapled to McDavid this last season. Being McDavid's potential running mate is going to trump the skill and opportunity of the other four.

Draisaitl may not stay with McDavid for every game but I think that there is room to grow on his PPP total if McDavid takes another big leap.

Edmonton is still in the stages of being a one scoring line team while Dallas, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington are all working on the balanced scoring lines approach.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For points only and no positions the answer is Backstrom and it's not particularly close

Dobber Sports Monster

So one vote for Seguin, Draisaitl and Backstrom ... cornerstone piece to mold your team around and not a definitive winner yet

Dobber Sports Star

My money would be on Backstrom. He very well could outpoint the others, but even if he doesn't I think he's the safest bet with the highest floor out of that group.

Dobber Sports Monster

It's weird how the poll results don't at all mirror the comments at the time of this post. I think this must be due in part to the mobile site not showing polls.

So to elaborate I took Seguin but if there's no positions I would take Backstrom 2nd after him. But if there were position limitations I'd want Tarasenko. TBH roll a dice, I'd want any of those three. Wouldn't shock me if Draisaitl or Stamkos ended up being the best pick either. If you see these threads year to year, there's a lot of fluctuation. Backstrom would be 2nd last on many peoples lists last summer I think, obviously ahead of Draisaitl.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

All these guys could end up with around 75-85 points this year with a healthy season. And as consistent and great as Backstrom is... I think Seguin and Dallas take the next step this season.

If healthy he should be in the running for the Art Ross and could finish ~85+ points this year (82-92 with 80+ GP). He's hungry and ready to prove himself this year. That said his absolute floor (70-80) is a lower with his injury history.

If you're willing to take the small gamble at 5-10 more points I'd go with him or stick with the cerebral, ~PPG, rarely injured Backstrom (lock for 74-84 points).

Draisaitl would be my third option (72-82 points).

Tarasenko (70-80) takes a bit of a hit in points only leagues for me... if goals (~40+) were a category I'd put him right next to Seguin.

Stamkos (64-74), with all his injuries and Kucherov's surgency as their new go-to guy, is such a question mark heading into this year I have to put him last...

My thoughts anyway...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The good thing about Backstrom is you can usually get him a round later than where he should go. So you can take Seguin and then scoop Backstrom the following round.

Dobber Sports Monster

So does anyone see Tarasenko hitting another level when it comes to goals and points? No?

Dobber Sports Ace

I voted for Backstrom but I think Stamkos could be #2 on this list. If I had to project
    Backstrom - 82 (steady point per game)
    Stamkos - 78 (big rebound year - nothing in his way)
    Tarasenko - 76 (steady producer but we've seen his upside)
    Draisatl - 74 (defenses will focus more on him this year + the chance that he's used as a #2)
    Seguin - 72 (I can't get over Hitchcock...)

They could all switch positions but that's what I see.

H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    So does anyone see Tarasenko hitting another level when it comes to goals and points? No?
    The lack of an elite supporting cast surrounding Tank vs. what Seguin has around him this year leaves me to value Seguin higher. But who knows what happens with Hitch and his systems this year. And maybe Tank gets even more PP time with AP this year.

Can't go wrong with either one... Just my preference (I actually traded Tarasenko + Trouba + pick for Seguin + Nurse + upgraded pick last season... to be fair my league is multi-cat though and Seguin's dual eligibility (C/RW) with FOWs helped me make my decision).
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Titan

Backstrom for me. Tough choice though!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    All these guys could end up with around 75-85 points this year with a healthy season. And as consistent and great as Backstrom is... I think Seguin and Dallas take the next step this season.

If healthy he should be in the running for the Art Ross and could finish ~85+ points this year (82-92 with 80+ GP). He's hungry and ready to prove himself this year. That said his absolute floor (70-80) is a lower with his injury history.

If you're willing to take the small gamble at 5-10 more points I'd go with him or stick with the cerebral, ~PPG, rarely injured Backstrom (lock for 74-84 points).

Draisaitl would be my third option (72-82 points).

Tarasenko (70-80) takes a bit of a hit in points only leagues for me... if goals (~40+) were a category I'd put him right next to Seguin.

Stamkos (64-74), with all his injuries and Kucherov's surgency as their new go-to guy, is such a question mark heading into this year I have to put him last...

My thoughts anyway...
    I am in pretty close agreement with this well laid out synopsis. I second this.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Great One

Issue for Backstrom could be where Ovechkin gets too next season - I know there is a myth that Backstrom assist every Ovi goal (actually more like 50%) but if Ovi starts to see his ice time dip then so will Backstrom's. Draisatl is an interesting one as will depend on his usage - think the idea is that the oil spread their offence and split them up but I see that working as well as Tampa splitting the triplets up and they'll find their way back and forth to each other all year. Personally I think all will be within 8 points of each other but I do edge Seguin as Hitch will ride him IMO. TBH don't think there is a wrong answer though
    Experience is the teacher of all things.