Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Letang?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Letang?

Keeper league points only pool, Ive been offered letang and a lower first round draft pick for Noah Hanifin and my higher first round draft pick...anyone know Letangs status for next year? I dont believe Hanifin has ever been or will be an offensive juggernaut, but if there is no chance of Letang coming back, I still lose here. Anyone in the know with any info?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Letang?

I mean, Letang>>>>Hanifin. So without knowing more about the league, I say take it.

Can't imagine any situation you lose this trade unless you plan to acquire Letang then drop him..

Dobber Sports Novice

I agree completely, but if he's still not ready to play next year.... I just havent heard any information, or been able to find anything..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's probably what the other guy is thinking... I haven't heard anything, but if someone was offering me star (albiet the ultimate BAB) for a slight pick downgrade and a filler I would jump on it.

Take advantage of his uncertainty.

Dobber Sports Sage

Last thing I read said Letang is on track in his rehab, might miss a few games at the beginning of the season but thus far there have been no setbacks that will alter the timeline in a significant way. Unless your pick is top 2 this deal looks like a great value for you and you should accept it immediately before the OGM wakes up and realizes how low he is selling.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agree, second the other GM gets any whiff of positive news on Letang this offer is gone.

Dobber Sports Monster

I imagine Letang should start the season on time. If the offer is anything other than 1st or 2nd in the draft then I would take this trade without thinking twice. Still only 30 years old, has the injury concerns but overall I think you're gaining value with this trade and could just flip Letang before the season starts if you don't want him.

The Great One

I agree. If a report comes out saying Letang is good to go, I suspect this deal gets pulled. I suspect it is only available due to the uncertainty. If you have a 'win now' team, i'd go for it.

The Great One

It will take maybe 30-35 games for Letang to produce what Hanifin will do in a season; and guess what - Letang has never played that few games even in his worst full season. Take this deal immediately.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks All.

Dobber Sports Titan

Other consideration is if you can then sell Letang again when he's healthy and get someone a little more reliable but maybe slightly underappreciated like Hamilton, it would be a big win.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Easy win unless it's a cap league... Injured or not right now when he is back it isn't even close
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Novice

Trade is made folks, thanks. Seemed like a no brainer, which made me nervous. Chalk it up as a rare win and I'll move on!

Dobber Sports Deity

Well this is good news for Letang owners.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...nsider-letang/

Friday insider: Expect full-strength Letang when Penguins open season
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Peteyzero View Post
    Trade is made folks, thanks. Seemed like a no brainer, which made me nervous. Chalk it up as a rare win and I'll move on!
    Totally understand your reservations on pulling the trigger - if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. I'd take that deal 10 times out of 10. Well done pressing accept before more news comes out.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket