Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Re-signed] Connor Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: [Re-signed] Connor Hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I never said Comrie has been the better goalie all along. I said I think Comrie is the better goalie long term. Go back and read my initial post in this thread.
    I don't know how it is possible for him to be worse than Hellebuyck now but that much better in a few years from now to be worth that kind of patience. The long-term difference would have to be significant and if it really is that significant, then I find it hard to believe the gap isn't narrower now.. Goalies don't go from average AHL calibre to elite starting NHL goaltender in 2 years.. they have to already have flashes of dominance early on. I'm not sure Comrie has given us that...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I don't know how it is possible for him to be worse than Hellebuyck now but that much better in a few years from now to be worth that kind of patience. The long-term difference would have to be significant and if it really is that significant, then I find it hard to believe the gap isn't narrower now.. Goalies don't go from average AHL calibre to elite starting NHL goaltender in 2 years.. they have to already have flashes of dominance early on. I'm not sure Comrie has given us that...
    Well you can keep believing in Hellebuyck and I will keep believing in Comrie. I just prefer the direction they are taking with Comrie. One of us may be right, both of us could be right, and both of us could end up being wrong. None of us have a crystal ball. That's the one thing I DO know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well you can keep believing in Hellebuyck and I will keep believing in Comrie. I just prefer the direction they are taking with Comrie. One of us may be right, both of us could be right, and both of us could end up being wrong. None of us have a crystal ball. That's the one thing I DO know.
    Now now, how do you know I don't have a ball made out of crystal in my house somewhere...?

I don't necessarily believe in Hellebuyck that much more than in Comrie (and this contract certainly has that kind of confidence shaken) but I do believe that at this stage, it's telling that Hellebuyck was chosen to start for the NHL franchise while Comrie was left to the minors. Sure, the former is two years older, but plenty of young goalies have taken the reigns before. I just think that if the talent gap was closer (or if Comrie was the more talented one) then he'd be the one playing.. With how bad Hellebuyck, Pavelec and Hutchison were last season, I can't think of a reason for the Jets to have ignored him as an option if they were trying to win. Sure, sheltering a young player is an approach to take, but if you're trying to make the playoffs and he's your best option, then play him...

I hope one of us ends up right just so we end up with "some" clarity about the goalie situation in WPG...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck