Thread: Would you do this deal?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Would you do this deal?

Salary cap league, I think I would be able to get my salaries fix before season opening....would you do this deal?

Give:

Monahan (6.375M)
    Fabbri ( 0.894M)
    Gibson (2.3M)

Receive:

Draisaitl (to be signed)
    Burakovsky (3M for 2 years)
    Bobrovsky (7.425M for 2 years)

Thoughts?

I know I give a lot on the salary side, but do you think the points return could be on the returning side?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Would you do this deal?

If the trade was straight across I would make this deal... but taking salary into account makes it a different story.

It depends on your salary and the cap... and looking at your team in the signature... I think adding those extra salaries could make it tough for you to manage cap.

With Perry, Spezza, Bergeron, Stepan's contracts... you might not be able to take on the additional 5 million for Bobrovsky and the huge contract Draisaitl is going to get.

Dobber Sports Deity

The cap is what makes this deal a decline for me. I like the players you are getting more, but not the salaries.

As mentioned, you need to clear some cap before taking this much on I'd say.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

It stinks to have to turn it down, but you cannot in good conscience make this deal.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

In a 72M cap league these guys could add to up 23% of your total cap space. Assuming Drai. nets 6.5-7 per year. I'd say yes the return is great that is if you can afford to do this a move some cap space around.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

this would be easier to consider without the goalies involved. it seems like too much cap your way for what you'd be getting in return. i'd definitely consider trying to counter by taking some pieces out...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    this would be easier to consider without the goalies involved. it seems like too much cap your way for what you'd be getting in return. i'd definitely consider trying to counter by taking some pieces out...
    I was just about to say the same thing. The goalie swing makes it an easy no. The forward swap I like though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I see Bob as a regression candidate so with the cap hit (and additional in the overall deal) it's a no
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Nothing new to add, but just wanted to reiterate two major points:
    A) salary issue is the reason you have to say "no" to this deal.
    B) might be easier to swallow if you drop the two goalies from the equation.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks for the input guys! Turned down the offer....I'm trying to get Draisaitl for some time now but the owner didn't bite to a Monahan/Fabbri combo....I don't see the advantage to give Gibson too....

Should I give more than Monahan+ for Draisaitl?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).