Thread: World Fantasy Hockey League - Fantrax - Dynasty - 10 Team - H2H, ROTO, WINS

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default World Fantasy Hockey League - Fantrax - Dynasty - 10 Team - H2H, ROTO, WINS

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam and I am starting up my own Dynasty Fantasy league on Fantrax. First let me give you a little bit of background about myself. I'm 35 year old blue collar worker from Alberta, Canada. I grew up playing minor hockey in small town Ontario. Still play shinny hockey at least twice a week. I've been playing in and running fantasy hockey leagues for over 15 years. I started out the old fashion way doing weekly updates by pen and paper. Eventually moving on to ESPN, YAHOO, PICKUPHOCKEY, OFFICE POOLS, and the last 2 years I started using FANTRAX and absolutely love it. I currently commissioner a fantrax league for the buddies I grew up with but it's not to serious or in depth. I'm looking for something a little more serious and in depth. I already play in a few leagues with some other members of this forum. Elite Fantasy Hockey League, North 'Murica Online HL, and PureFun. One of my leagues folded and instead of joining another league I decided to start my own league.

I am looking for 6 to 8 experienced, dedicated, knowledgeable, and most importantly ACTIVE managers to join my league. Below you find the league constitution I have been working on for the last 2 weeks. Please take the time to read over the entire constitution. If you think you might be interested, have any questions, or would like to point out any grammatical errors I've made please send me a PM.

League Philosophy

I created this league with high hopes of long term success. I judge success on how active the league is and how much fun the GMs are having. I created the league with the theory of keeping every team active with good players and fun scoring categories. I have put a lot of time and thought into every aspect of this fantasy league to try to accomplish that.

With their only being 10 GMs I thought $50 would be a good buy-in. It should be enough incentive to keep people serious and active about the league. It makes for a decent prize payout giving the presidents trophy winner a free season(not counting league fees) as we all know winning the regular season is no easy task. That still leaves a really good payout for the 2 finalist, $350 and $150.

I specifically only wanted 10 GMs so all the starting rosters would only be 170 players deep(220 with benches, and 320 with full minors). By doing this only the top 100 forwards, top 50 defense and top 20 goalies will be starting. By keeping these numbers low it keeps the talent level high on all teams and not thinned out like leagues with 12 GMs, 50 man rosters that roll 4 lines. By doing so I believe this will also help to keep trading active throughout the year as there aren't as many "throw ins" making it easier to make fair trade offers.

I wanted to go in a bit of a different direction with minor status players. I think it adds a whole different skill set of being a GM in a dynasty league. I think it makes the off season draft a lot more important, with only having 4 picks and a much larger pool of players to draft from then just the up and coming draft class. Another reason is that I wanted to try to make sure every GM had a competitive Minor Roster with good players stashed. GMs also can use this to their advantage with roster cycling their minors status players, creating an even bigger role as a fantasy GM. This also gives GMs more time to develop their minor status players without having to get rid of them to early or having them take up a valuable active roster spot. I think this also opens the doors for a lot of minor player trades to happen.

As far as the scoring categories, I wanted to keep pretty much everything based on offensive performance. I have never played in a pool with Even Strength Points and I thought it would make for an interesting category. I wanted to have an odd number of categories as to try to avoid ties. I also wanted categories that would produce high volume stats throughout the week, avoiding categories like game winning goals, shut outs, +/-, PIMS, short handed points, etc.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: World Fantasy Hockey League - Fantrax - Dynasty - 10 Team - H2H, ROTO, WINS

World Fantasy Hockey League (WFHL)

Commissioner: Adam B
    Associate Commissioner: Vacant (Position will be filled at the end of the 1st season)

League Size: 10 Teams
    Lineups: Daily lineup changes, 10 Forwards, 5 Defense, 2 Goalies, 5 Bench(Max. 2 Goalies), 10 Minors
    League Fees: $50+Fantrax fee
    Setting Daily Lineup: Lineup change deadline will be set to 1 Minute before puck drop of each players games.
    League Format: Dynasty - Keep All - H2H Category, most wins.

League Scoring Categories

Skaters Categories:

G - Goals
    A - Assists
    PTS - Total Points
    SOG - Shots on Goal
    PPP - Power Play Points
    ESP - Even Strength Points
    HIT - Hits
    BLK - Blocks
    TOI - Time on Ice(Total)

Goalies Categories: (Minimum 3 Goalie Starts per matchup (Monday to Sunday))

W - Wins
    GAA - Goals Against Average
    SV - Saves
    SV% - Save Percentage

League Fees

Buy In: $50 (Paid via Fantrax Treasurer Payment) + Fantrax Fees(Paid via Fantrax Treasurer Payment)

League Fees: League Fees will be due not later than July 1st of every year. After your league fee's have been paid you will be permitted to make off season moves(add/drop/trade players). If you have not committed your league fee's by July 1st and have not made any attempt to contact the commissioner to ask for an extension your team will be forfeited and you will be replaced by another manager.

Prize Payouts

Playoff Champion(1st Place) = $350
    Runner Up(2nd Place) = $100

Presidents Trophy Winner(Best Regular Season Record) = $50

Payout: As soon as Fantrax allows the winnings to be dispersed payment will be made.

Playoffs

Number of teams: The top 6 teams will make playoffs with the top 2 seeds getting 1st round bye's.

Number of lineup periods: Playoffs will run the last 4 weeks of the NHL regular season with the finals period running 2 weeks long.

Playoff Match ups:

Quarter Finals(1 week) - #3 seed vs. #6 seed and #4 seed vs. #5 seed (#1 and #2 seed get bye's and will not play this period)

Semi Finals(1 week) - #1 seed vs. the lowest seed of Quarter finals match up winners and #2 seed vs. the other Quarter finals winner.

Finals(2weeks) - The 2 Semi Final winners

Reseeding: After each playoff round teams will be re seeded based on their regular season finish. The top seed will always play the lowest seed.

Consolation Bracket For #1 Draft Pick: The bottom 4 teams will play in a Consolation Bracket to determine who will receive the top 4 picks for the upcoming Yearly Prospect Draft. This Consolation Bracket will run the 1st 2 weeks of the playoff period with each period being 1 week long(Monday to Sunday).

Consolation Bracket Match ups:

Week 1 - #7 seed face the #10 seed and the #8 seed play the #9 seed.

Week 2 - The winners of Week 1 match ups will face each other in the Consolation Bracket Finals with the winner receiving the #1 overall pick. The loser will receive the #2 over all pick.

Tie Breakers

Season Standings / Draft Order Tie Breaker:

1st Tie Breaker: Head-to-Head record vs. all teams tied with
    2nd Tie Breaker: Most Category Wins for the entire season
    3rd Tie Breaker: Team that scored the most total PTS(Points) in the regular season
    4th Tie Breaker: Team that scored the most total G(Goals) in the regular season

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: World Fantasy Hockey League - Fantrax - Dynasty - 10 Team - H2H, ROTO, WINS

Rosters

Starting Lineups: (Must be set daily, Locked 1min before puck drop of each players game)

10 Forwards
    5 Defense
    2 Goalies (Minimum 3 Goalie Starts Per Match up(Monday to Sunday))

Bench / IR / Minor Lineups:

5 Bench Spots (Max. 2 Goalies)

5 Injured Reserve Spots (Determined by Fantrax, Red/White or Yellow Flag beside players name)

10 Minor Reserve Spots (Skaters with less than 162 NHL career regular season games played, Goalies with less than 82 NHL career regular season games played)

Minor Status Player Classification: Players will have minor status until NHL career regular season games played has been met(See Below). Players that have not met their NHL career regular season games played WILL NOT be allowed to be added as FREE AGENTS at anytime.

EXAMPLE If a Skater does not belong to a managed team and has LESS Than 162 NHL career games played he will not be allowed to be added as FREE AGENT he MUST be DRAFTED in the Yearly Prospect Draft.

Skaters: 161 NHL career regular season games played.
    Goalies: 81 NHL career regular season games played.

Career Regular Season Games Played: This will be determined by Fantrax. When you click on the players name and look at his career NHL regular season game played stats, this will be OFFICAL.

Minor League Rosters: After the initial league draft you will have 6 Minor Status players on your minor roster. You will be allowed to carry a MAXIMUM of 10 minor players. This leaves 4 open spots for future drafts or trades involving more than 1 minor status player. You will never be allowed to exceed 10 minor status players. Minor status players must be property of an NHL teams. If they defect to the KHL or another league and are no longer property of an NHL team they must be dropped as they are no long legal under this format. They will have to be re-drafted in the Yearly Prospect Draft the year after they become property of an NHL again. If he is still property of an NHL team he will still be legal on your Minor status roster.

Minor League Cycling: Minor Status Players may be cycled in and out of your active lineup permitting you have roster space and your roster stays legal. Once a player reaches 162 career regular season games played he must be brought up to your active roster or dropped. If you have players stashed on your minor roster that have exceeded the maximum number of games played your roster will be considered illegal. This rule is tough to enforce and must be self policed and communicated to the Commissioner. This information is available by clicking on the "TEAM" tab then click on "ROSTER VIOLATOINS". The team with the offense will be notified by the Commissioner and have 72hrs to make their roster legal. If they don't comply after 72hrs they will not accumulate any stats until their roster becomes legal again.

Minor Status Player Adds: Minor status players are only allowed to be added to your team via the Yearly Prospect Draft. See Free Agent Adds rule below for a detailed description

Free Agent Adds:
    Free Agents are added on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. You may add up to 3 Free Agents per match up scoring period(Monday to Sunday). Free Agent players can only be added to your active roster. In order to add a player as a Free Agent he must have played in a minimum of 162 NHL career regular season games. This rule is tough to enforce and must be self policed. If you notice someone adds a player with less than 162 NHL career regular season games you must notify the Commissioner right away. There will be ZERO tolerance of this rule and it will be strictly enforced. If you add a player to your roster any points accumulated by that player will be removed from your team stats and he will be removed from your team right away. Players that have IR status will not be allowed to be added as Free Agents

Waiver Wire: The initial waiver wire order will be the reverse order of the initial draft(1st pick in the draft will be 12th on the waiver wire, 12th pick in the draft will be 1st pick on the waiver wire, etc). Once you make a successful waiver wire claim you will be moved to the bottom of the waiver wire order. The process will be ongoing throughout the life of the pool. You will be allowed to make 2 Waiver Wire claims per match up scoring period(Monday to Sunday).

Waiver Wire Length: When players are dropped off active rosters they will go on the waiver wire for 3 days. After such time the person who puts in a Waiver Claim and has the highest position on the waiver wire list will be awarded the player.

Team Legal / Illegal Roster Guidelines: Teams must be legal at all times. The are 2 exceptions to this rule. The 1st exception to this rule is during the season If a team makes a 2 for 1, 3 for 1, etc. They will permitted to have an illegal roster until the start of the 1st lineup period after the trade. If your roster is not legal by that time your roster will be considered illegal and you won't accumulate any stats until your roster is legal again. The 2nd exception is during the yearly prospect draft. During the draft teams benches will be extended by 10 players to accommodate the influx of new players joining your team. Each team will have 48hrs after the draft has been completed to get their rosters back legal. After the 48hours the bench will go from 15 players back to 5 players. If your roster isn't legal your team will be locked from making trades or adding players until your roster is back to legal.

Re-Entry Of Players From Foreign Leagues: For players returning to the NHL from a Foreign League(Example: KHL) that have played over 162 NHL career regular season games in the NHL will be subject to re entry waivers. Once a player has become property of an NHL club any GM may submit a request to have that player placed on waivers. Waiver wire claim order will determine who gets the claimed player, if the player goes un claimed he will become a Free Agent. Again this must be self policed, if you notice another GM add a player as a Free Agent without going through the waiver wire process please notify the Commissioner right away. That player will be removed from the team, any stats accumulated by that player will be removed and the player will go through the waiver wire process. If a minor player status player doesn't belong to an active GM and comes back to play in the NHL before he has played more than 162 NHL career regular season games he will have to re enter the league via the Yearly Prospect Draft.

Defecting to A Foriegn League: If a player defects to a foreign league(Example: KHL) you may keep him on your roster as long as he is still property of an NHL team. If the player has played more than 162 NHL career regular season games he must take up a BENCH spot on your active roster. If the player has minor league status you may keep him on your minor league roster as long as he has played less than 162 NHL career regular season games and is still property of a NHL team. If the player is dropped he will be subject the Re-Entry Rules.

Injured Reserve: Each team will be allowed 5 IR Slots. IR status will be determined by Fantrax(the Red/White Flag beside players name). Suspended Players(Yellow Flag beside players name) will be permitted to be move to the IR slot. Once the player loses their IR or Suspended status they will have to be activated after 1 lineup period. After 1 lineup period if the player hasn't been activated from your IR your roster will become illegal and be frozen until he is removed from the IR slot and your roster becomes legal.

Trading

Regular Season Trade Deadline: The Trade deadline will be 11:59pm EST the 2nd Sunday before the playoffs begin.

Veto a Trade: A GM may request that a trade veto be put to vote by the other GM's. 7 votes will be required to veto the trade. The only grounds for a veto'd trade is that you as a GM think it would be detrimental to the league.

Off-Season Trading: Once the League opens up for the new season and you have paid your league fee's for the upcoming season you will be permitted to make trades with other GM's that have paid their league fees.

Draft Pick Trades: GMs are allowed to trade draft picks. Draft picks can only be traded for the up coming draft.

Trade Etiquette: It's recommend that trades be hashed out using the Private Chat feature or via email instead of just sending random offers. GMs should actively use the Trade Block features as this is the easiest way to communicate to the entire league on your trade intentions. When a trade is rejected it is in the leagues best interest and respectful to the other GM to leave a detailed message in the trade rejection as to why you are rejecting the trade. This helps both parties understand the reasoning behind the trade.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

League Draft Rules

Initial League Draft: Will consist of 28 rounds(10 Forwards, 5 Defense, 2 Goalies, 5 Bench Players(Max 2 Goalies), 6 Minor Status Players).

Yearly Prospect Draft # Of Rounds: 4 Rounds

Initial Drafting Player Status: Only players that are property to NHL teams may be drafted.

Initial Draft Pick Trading: Will not be permitted before or during the initial draft.

Yearly Prospect Draft: Will be held on the last Friday of July every off season and follow the rules below.

Yearly Prospect Draft Player Status: Only Skaters that have played LESS Than 162 NHL Career Regular Season Games Played and Goalies with LESS Than 82 NHL Career Regular Season Games Played may be drafted. Players must also be property of a NHL team.

Draft Pick Timer: 12hours per pick, the timer will never stop.

Draft Pick Trading: Will be permitted throughout the season and during the Yearly Prospect draft.

Yearly Prospect Draft Order

1st Pick: Winner of the Consultation Bracket
    2nd Pick: Runner up of the Consultation Bracket
    3rd Pick: Team with the worst Regular Season Record Eliminated in the 1st round of the Consultation Bracket
    4th Pick: Team with the 2nd worst Regular Season Record Eliminated in the 1st round of the Consultation Bracket
    5th Pick: Team with the worst Regular Season Record Eliminated in the 1st round of Playoffs
    6th Pick: Team with the 2nd worst Regular Season Record Eliminated in the 1st round of the Playoffs
    7th Pick: Team with the worst Regular Season Record Eliminated in the 2nd round of the Playoffs
    8th Pick: Team with the 2nd worst Regular Season Record Eliminated in the 2nd round of the Playoffs
    9th Pick: 2nd Place Team In the Playoffs
    10th Pick: 1st Place Team in the Playoffs and League Champion

Future Changes

Any future changes to the league will be put to a vote and will require a minimum of 7 votes for the change to be implemented. Every GM is expected to vote on every issue that is brought forth to the league. If you don't vote it hurts the integrity of the league.

Team Selection

GMs will be required to select a Country for their team name. Once all the GMs have signed up and paid. I will run a draft pick simulator and we will have a "Fantasy Draft" in the League Chat Room for team names. Who ever is awarded the 1st pick will get to choose the country of their choice to represent their team. Below will find a list of available team names. Your team image must also be the flag of the country that represents your team.

Top 40 Ranked teams by the International Ice Hockey Federation

Canada
    Russia
    Sweden
    Finland
    United States Of America
    Czech Repbulic
    Switzerland
    Germany
    Norway
    Belarus
    Slovakia
    Latvia
    France
    Denmark
    Slovenia
    Austria
    Kazakhstan
    Italy
    Hungary
    Poland
    South Korea
    Ukraine
    Japan
    Great Britian
    Lithunaia
    Croatia
    Estonia
    Netherlands
    Romania
    Serbia
    Spain
    Belguim
    Australia
    Iceland
    Isreal
    Mexico
    China
    New Zealand
    North Korea
    Bulgaria

Dobber Sports Sophomore

bump.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Looks like a neat league, good job on the rules, and good luck.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Looks like a neat league, good job on the rules, and good luck.
    Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I tried to incorporate all the stuff I've liked over the years into 1 pool with hopes that 6 people agree with me. So far not much luck but I'm in no rush to fill the league. I'd rather it take longer and get a solid group of people.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

5 guys committed so far, half way there!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Make that 6 guys committed only 4 spots remaining then we can get everyone paid up and get this thing rolling!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I`m interested, but I don`t have much experience with Fantrax used yahoo for any leagues I was in. Just wondering if its a steep learning curb.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZero View Post
    I`m interested, but I don`t have much experience with Fantrax used yahoo for any leagues I was in. Just wondering if its a steep learning curb.
    PM sent

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZero View Post
    I'm a tech idiot and learned Fantrax very quickly. It is very intuitive. The only downside is that once you start using it, you'll need to quit all your stupid yahoo leagues....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just wanted to bump this thread, still looking for a few GMs. 4 Guys have paid up already with another 3 signed up and 1 invite pending. So still a few spots available. I sent a few PMs to guys who responded the other day but no replies back.