Thread: Viktor Arvidsson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Viktor Arvidsson

Was last year a fluke or is Arvidsson a legit 60pt player. In our salary cap league , a player who gets paid in the low 4mils and puts up 60+ pts , is a player to grab. I don't think I'm sold on Arvidsson yet but curious to hear people's thoughts.
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Viktor Arvidsson

I don't think it was a fluke. In that offense I would think 50 is his floor.

Dobber Sports Monster

No I don't think Arvidsson is a fluke. He finished the play-offs very cold - 1 goal in the final 18 games but there were many power outages in Nashville once they made the Finals. There isn't really much competition for the top RW spot in Nashville so he should be riding shotgun with Johansen and Forsberg so there is no shortage on talent he will be surrounded with. He had a total of 246 shots last season and scored at a 12.6% which isn't all that high really. He should put up at or near the points he put up last season and with the bargain contract he was just signed to his value in salary cap leagues just went up in my opinion.

GP/G/A/PTS/FLOOR-CEILING
    Viktor Arvidsson (NAS) 82-28-31-59-45/65

Dobber Sports Guru

There are some things I like, some things I don't.

Things I like:
    • He shoots the puck a lot
    • Has great chemistry with the Preds top players
    • Should see more consistent time on the Preds top PP

Things I don't like:
    • Scored 36 points in the last 40 games, so was it just a hot streak? Can he do it for 82 games?
    • Only scored three goals in the playoffs (see point above).
    • He scored five shorthanded goals and added two shorthanded assists. Might be easier to keep him on the PK than the PP.
    • He's more well-known now, so other teams will scout and game plan for him.
    • $4 million isn't enough money to guarantee him a spot in the top six.

Truthfully, I am a little worried. All it takes is a slow start and no instant chemistry with Forsberg/Johansson for him to be bumped down quickly.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

I could see a small dip from the 60 he put up last season, but as FF put earlier, I think 50 points is a decent spot to put the floor for him going into next season (assuming he's healthy).
    Even then, at 4.25M in a cap league, that's a guy to grab.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

i agree , i think Arvi is a safe bet for 50 , i dont see anyone who is gonna take his spot in that lineup unless they wanted to try Fiala on his offwing. I watched Arvi all last season and when he did get bumped from the 1st line by Neal he still produced playing on the 2nd and even 3rd line , he's a motor out there drivin the play! I guess my only concern would be if coach wanted to spread the offense out over the lineup more or wanted more size on that 1st line.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

The Great One

I think Fiala's injury helps ensure his 50-60 points, also with Neal leaving, not sure Preads have the depth up front to play him lower than top 6 right now and with that I think he meshed well with that top line

p.s. Probably worth pointing out that his most common linemates during his 'hot' streak was Forsberg and RyJo and as we saw RyJo missed some play off time which would have played a part in his 'cold' streak as that line was on fire
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

I rarely bank on players with no draft pedigree having a follow up year until I see it happen. Especially 24 year old 5'9 players. Could have just been a perfect storm. But guys like Jamie Benn have proven me wrong before.

On the other hand, Nashville now has no depth at RW so he is guaranteed icetime.

What is the scenario for him in your league? His low cap hit is appealing?
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports All-Star

He has the talent and the work ethic so I don't see him regressing very much if any.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like him. I think he's a good bet for 60-65 this year. I'd rank him the 6th best forward in your line of F (that is if you owned him). Worth a grab if that's what you asking here.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.