Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade offer - Aho vs Mantha - I'll rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Trade offer - Aho vs Mantha - I'll rep

I have aho as my rookie carry over going into 17/18, to go along with my 4 keepers. After next season, I can sign him to 1 or 2 yrs if I have an open slot, based on our rookie contract rules. I picked up Eberle in season last year, and was hoping he would have a good end to the year, but he was mediocre. My plan is to buy out of his 1 yr remaining (50 bucks). I got an interesting trade offer, Nuge (2 yrs remaining), a 2nd in 2017 (21st overall) and Mantha for my Aho, and Eberle. I would have to pay 100 to buy out Nuge, but would gain a valuable pick, and I guess downgrade my rookie slot a bit. Would this deal be worth it to improve my draft? I mean Mantha + 2nd is better to me than just Aho and no 2nd gained. Both are lw/rw, and young players obviously. Wasn't really looking to move Aho, but this offer caught my attention. My other picks are 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8. If I get the 2, it's gravy. The 2nd I already have is pick 24, I acquired that in a trade previously (don't have my own 2nd). I finished 3rd anyways, so both of these 2nds will be better than what my own 2nd would have been. I realize it's hard to quantify a trade where there are buyouts involved, because everyone may have a different perspective on whether a draft pick is worth gaining with a cost incurred. I'm just talking how does the trade look at face value? I don't know a lot about mantha and his upside, but Carolina is the better team right now.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade offer - Aho vs Mantha - I'll rep

1) Your posts are still very long winded, which is limiting the replies.
    2) Is this $50 or $100 cost in real money, or is it quantified in a salary cap or annual spending limit somewhere?
    3) Aho > Mantha
    4) Nuge > Eberle (Though tough to say without categories)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd prefer Aho over Mantha.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    I'd prefer Aho over Mantha.
    I do too, was just looking at it in regards to Mantha/2nd vs Aho, so the 2nd should offset any pt differential between the 2, If not provide me more fantasy pts. The carry over is just the opportunity to get a look at a rookie for an extra year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I do too, was just looking at it in regards to Mantha/2nd vs Aho, so the 2nd should offset any pt differential between the 2, If not provide me more fantasy pts. The carry over is just the opportunity to get a look at a rookie for an extra year.
    You answered your own question I think...?

I dunno man...To me it sounds like you have your mind made up and are looking for somebody to 'argue' the opposite. Lemme tell you, a big part of this is taking the opinions given and using them to assist you. because if you are just coming here to have opinions posted but you won't keep an open mind then it's going to be very frustrating for you and us. Sometimes there's just no talking someone outta or into something.

FWIW i prefer Mantha and the 2nd
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

I would prefer Mantha & 2nd
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    You answered your own question I think...?

I dunno man...To me it sounds like you have your mind made up and are looking for somebody to 'argue' the opposite. Lemme tell you, a big part of this is taking the opinions given and using them to assist you. because if you are just coming here to have opinions posted but you won't keep an open mind then it's going to be very frustrating for you and us. Sometimes there's just no talking someone outta or into something.

FWIW i prefer Mantha and the 2nd
    If I had my mind made up, I would have already done the trade. I like getting good dialogue going, not trying to get people to argue the opposite. I have an opinion regarding what I think of the offer, so that's what I shared.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    1) Your posts are still very long winded, which is limiting the replies.
    2) Is this $50 or $100 cost in real money, or is it quantified in a salary cap or annual spending limit somewhere?
    3) Aho > Mantha
    4) Nuge > Eberle (Though tough to say without categories)
    My league is complicated, so hard to keep posts brief without getting questions back, so figure more detail = less uncertainty. This is not a salary cap based league, I have that type of detail in my signature. The cost is in real money. I know aho is > Mantha, although I have to admit didn't follow Detroit last year, just know they were mediocre. Nuge vs Eberle angle is irrelevant in terms of comparing, because as stated it's going to be a buy out on either side. Categories are in signature..

The Great One

Actually, your signature isn't showing, so we don't know your categories....!

Dobber Sports Stud

Here we go
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Titan

My league is complicated, so hard to keep posts brief without getting questions back, so figure more detail = less uncertainty. This is not a salary cap based league, I have that type of detail in my signature. The cost is in real money. I know aho is > Mantha, although I have to admit didn't follow Detroit last year, just know they were mediocre. Nuge vs Eberle angle is irrelevant in terms of comparing, because as stated it's going to be a buy out on either side. Categories are in signature..
    To me buying out a different player for an extra $50 of real time money is not worth it at all unless this deal makes a big difference for your team and the prize pool is >$1000. It's definitely not a big swing for your team, and I'm also assuming you guys don't put that much on the line, so I say no solely for that reason.
    Your sig didn't show up so that's why I had to ask about the cap.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    To me buying out a different player for an extra $50 of real time money is not worth it at all unless this deal makes a big difference for your team and the prize pool is >$1000. It's definitely not a big swing for your team, and I'm also assuming you guys don't put that much on the line, so I say no solely for that reason.
    Your sig didn't show up so that's why I had to ask about the cap.
    Well a 2nd round pick is a big getc and this will be our 10th year doing the pool, all the guys know each other, and only a couple of the gms have changed during that time. The buy in is 100, 14 teams and top 4 win money, with highest weighting going to 1st. A lot of people in this thread seem to think Mantha/2nd is better than just Aho.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Icon

Well a 2nd round pick is a big getc and this will be our 10th year doing the pool, all the guys know each other, and only a couple of the gms have changed during that time. The buy in is 100, 14 teams and top 4 win money, with highest weighting going to 1st. A lot of people in this thread seem to think Mantha/2nd is better than just Aho.
    Mantha and a 2nd is better than Aho (2 for 1 is most times better when two players are close enough)..however teh $50 of real money..i dunno if i bite. i'd be inclined to keep Aho here now that you are playing with real time dinero.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Mantha and a 2nd is better than Aho (2 for 1 is most times better when two players are close enough)..however teh $50 of real money..i dunno if i bite. i'd be inclined to keep Aho here now that you are playing with real time dinero.
    Yeah, I do see what you are saying. I mean I would have paid 50$ to buy out of Eberle, I really should have never taken that contract last year, I got him in the Aho deal, so if I take Mantha I'll just have to pay 100 vs 50. The 2nd makes it really tempting, that's all. I finished 3rd last year, and my keepers going into last year were: Hubes, MacK, Hall, Kuzy and rookie was Domi. This year, it's looking like Monahan, RyJo, Hall, Kuzy, Aho or Mantha, and I've already discussed the possibility of keeping Wheeler if I move 1 of my other keepers. I drafted really well last year.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"