Thread: Matthews trade offer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Matthews trade offer

I am targeting Auston Matthews in my points only keeper and have offered Sasha Barkov, Mark Stone and Clayton Keller. Is this too much? Not enough? Thoughts please and thanks

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Matthews trade offer

Wow that is a hefty price!!!

What is your keeper structure like? If that was accepted who can you add in those two spots?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

On the surface that does look like a huge price to pay but how limited is your keeper?

The Great One

Depends n format... realistically I'm not sure a Matthews owner would take less though
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

If I owned Matthews, it would be an easy reject.

There are some players who some owners feel are simply untouchable, and would not trade them for anything (i.e. Laine is for me). Matthews may be such a player for this owner. If so, then your offer would need to overcome "untouchable", and Barkov as the best player coming back wouldn't do it.

I could be wrong, and hope for your sake I am; but you offered me the same for Laine (whom I do own), I would not consider it.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    If I owned Matthews, it would be an easy reject.

There are some players who some owners feel are simply untouchable, and would not trade them for anything (i.e. Laine is for me). Matthews may be such a player for this owner. If so, then your offer would need to overcome "untouchable", and Barkov as the best player coming back wouldn't do it.

I could be wrong, and hope for your sake I am; but you offered me the same for Laine (whom I do own), I would not consider it.
    Totally agree with this. I like Barkovs upside and have been a vocal supporter of the Keller hype- but its still not close. Stone is a nive piece but should not really be in this discussion and especially not knowing how deep your keeper stock goes (in a limited keeper format you can usually add a Stone, Stone-lite, or "potential to be Stone" type of player. But yea Mathews breaks the mould. You win almost every trade where you get the best player- factor in hes a goal scoring, sog monster in just the very first year of his career- and hes basically untradeablt to me unless youre talking McD/Eichel/Laine type of player coming back. Maybe a package of Tavares, Kucherov, Seguin with some upgrades down the line if you were really intent on shoring up for a run this year? Pretty much no reason to move Matthews, McD, Eichel or Laine at this point imho...

Dobber Sports Novice

It's an 11 team, protect 12 forwards each year keeper.

Dobber Sports Monster

In that shallow of a league (132 forwards are kept) Matthews is a nice upgrade on Barkov who is quickly being known for being injury prone. Stone is a top 50 forward at the moment and Keller so far is pure speculation so with that being said I would take the deal. Matthews has tremendous upside and could become a top 5 scorer in the league.

The Great One

Assuming the other GM has to drop two players, that deal won't look nearly as good...I suspect. Unless Keller can be a free protect as a rookie, I think you'll have a hard time pulling this off ...

The Great One

...or his 11 other keeps are really poor...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.