Thread: Duncan Keith

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Duncan Keith

How many points for Duncan Keith for the next few years? He's getting up there in age, but his production isn't slowing down. His NHL salary is starting to go down quite a lot (5mil this year, then 4.5, then 3.5). He's under contract for several more years, though, so there might be a few years where he really isn't worth it at the end. Is he worth trading for (if the price would be quite low)?
    It's not like Chicago has anyone in the system that's going to challenge him for his top spot anytime soon.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Duncan Keith

I think he will continue to be a useful asset for a few more years. Everything I've read/heard indicates he has a very strict fitness routine and works harder than most guys to stay in peak shape.

I wouldn't bank on any more 50 point years, but I think he still has multiple years around 40 points left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah he's a very safe 40+ bet for the next handful of years. The +/- might take a little hit this season, and we may not see much over 50 at all anymore, but still a dependable asset.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Keith has a high ceiling (65-70 pts?) and a high floor (40 pts). He tends to fluctuate a lot between those two. He seems like a very fit athlete who will be a top performer for many years. I don't see a massive falloff, though his ceiling will probably come down year by year. The next few years it will be surprising if he strays too far from 45 points, but he does tend to throw up a 60 point year every so often.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

got him down for about 45-50 pts. should produce that for another 3 years then a decline after that but so far he is still very useful

The Great One

Floor of 40 to take to the bank imo
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

I agree with these posters. Somewhere in the 40s is a pretty safe bet for the next couple seasons but the days of the 50 and 60 pt seasons are probably over. No one is threatening his PP1 spot and he often gets cheap assists since he is often on the ice with Kane.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Don't think you needed the 'with Kane' to finish that sentence lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

The huge key is he has no threats to his prime ice time. He can sleepwalk to 40 points and reach 50+ if the team around him is any good. If he stays healthy for the next three seasons I'll say he collectively gets roughly 155-160 points.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bump the 40-50 range for next few years. I see him logging heavy minutes unless CHI signs someone else or trades for a Dman when Hossa LTIR kicks in.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.