Thread: Who to take 3rd overall?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Who to take 3rd overall?

I have the 3rd overall pick this year and can't decide on who to take. Nico and Nolan will be taken 1 and 2 respectively.

Looking at Cody Glass, Middelstat and Makkar. However there is something about Yamamato that is very appealing but feel like reaching for him at 3 is a mistake. However have read though he would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his size.

Note this is a points only league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who to take 3rd overall?

Welcome to the forums!

Depending on the positional weighting in your league, I would go with Glass or Makar. No wrong choice though really.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks. I am leaning towards Glass. He should be the #1 C for vegas in the future.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks.

I am leaning towards Glass. See him as the guy in Vegas.

Dobber Sports Initiate

You're right, Yamamoto is a great homerun swing, but at #3 it's much too early to be taking that swing. If you really want Yamamoto, look to trade down a few spots so you can get an extra asset out of it. Yamamoto should probably still be available around 8-9th overall, where it would be much less of a reach and much more appropriate to take a swing on him.

Makar would be my choice, with Mittelstadt being a close 2nd and Glass a very close 3rd.

This is considering potential point production only, waiting time has not been considered.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Monster

I would take Mittelstadt then Makar then Glass then Yamamoto.

Dobber Sports Sage

Glass for me.

Then Makar.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks everyone. I am planning on see what I could get for the 3rd overall. Also feel like you can't really go wrong with either of these guys.

Dobber Sports Pro

Glass for me also, I actually had #3 pick and thats who I took, upside compared to Scheifele was enough to convince me.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm really high on Makar. I have the third overall in my league, and have every intention of taking him there. He's a home run pick, but if the ball leaves the park, you'll regret not taking him.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Ace

Trade your 3rd overall pick to a team that's rebuilding, that has a high likelihood of having a high pick, in exchange for their 2018 1st round pick. That draft is set to have players that should have a higher upside than players available to you in this year's draft.

In a points-only league I would pick Casey Mittelstadt with the 3rd overall pick. He has a very high-upside and has a chance to play with Jack Eichel when all is said and done. He is the next player set to light the NCAA on fire. Many people will regret passing on him this time next year. With that said - I would rather take a chance on next year's crop of potential stars.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

The Great One

I feel you could trade 3 for 2 in the top 15 you will have done well
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Glass then Makar for me.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm definitely going to feel out what other teams are willing to pay for the 3rd. Thanks