Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teenagers Record a Man Drown and Laugh

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Teenagers Record a Man Drown and Laugh

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/u...s-florida.html

Five teens (14-18 years) in Florida recorded a man drowning while laughing and taunting him...and then posted it online. Even if any of them couldn't swim, they didn't call for help or dial 9-1-1. Pathetic excuse for human beings. I can only hope karma visits them early and often.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Teenagers Record a Man Drown and Laugh

Sickens me to think there are people like this in the world. Like don't they find joy in helping another human being? I know I sure would. I could see them not swimming out there because they run the risk of the man panicking and pulling them under the water but at least have the decency to call for help. Or even find a long stick or branch from a tree...anything to help a man.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Pathetic indeed. How anyone can do that is beyond me.

Dobber Sports Stud

Florida.

Why do these stories always come from Florida?
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Genius

Spawns of Satan perhaps. Saw this yesterday on CNN. I had a wtf moment.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Disgusting . When did the value of human life start to drop this low.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Man I saw this on MSNBC this morning and almost threw the tv out of the window. abhorrent. I swear I feel like Tommy Lee Jones' character in No Country for Old Men. I just don't get it anymore. This world has passed me buy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Disgusting . When did the value of human life start to drop this low.
    It's a different world than when I grew up. "Civil"ization is failing. The me generation. Television. Fake news. Far left, far right is all we hear about, when the majority (I hope) lies somewhere in the middle. A lack of tolerance. A lack of a "real" education about what's important in life.

Also, humans being human. Take a look at history. People have always been mean-spirited and outright cruel to other people. Civilization and religion (for the most part) has kept human nature in check, but I feel like it's breaking down. I don't know what will turn it around, but I suspect it will be something drastic, like a "world" war or massive disaster (nuclear bomb detonating). Okay, that's enough darkness for me for today. On to working on my fantasy hockey database!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Social media has created a generation of extreme narcissists
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Social media has created a generation of extreme narcissist's
    Bingo!
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

And of course these actions don't break any laws in Florida. Laugh and record the guy drowning. Post it on facebook. All perfectly legal...

Dobber Sports Padawan

That's the youth of America. We are raising a generation of sociopaths, you're welcome world.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Star

I saw this the other day. To be honest, it doesn't surprise me much. Everyone has a morbid sense of curiosity, but this goes beyond that. Are we at the point where we have to tell people that it's wrong to laugh as they watch somebody else dying? Aren't we supposed to be evolving as a species? Aren't we supposed to be getting better? I feel like we are going the wrong direction. Are we on the verge of Pay-per-View executions? Or real life Fear Factor, a game where you have to cross a narrow ledge with no harness and a fall means death, or contestants have to cross shark infested waters. The winner is the one who makes it to the other side... I have no doubt that there is groups of advanced species out there watching us, and saying among themselves, "what the f**k is wrong with these people?" I don't get it...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's a sad world we live in. As stated above social media is creating a monster. Many of todays parents are to selfish to take the time to teach their children right from wrong and would rather their kids do their own thing which is usually sitting behind a computer screen watching viral videos. The kids see all these types of videos of f'd up situations getting millions of views and they think to themselves if someone else does it it's okay for them to follow suit and maybe something likewise that they can do will go viral and they'll become "famous". They either have zero regard for anothers life or they are so simple minded that they don't think far enough ahead to realize life is nothing to play around with. It's not like their shooter games on xbox where you get killed and within a few seconds you come back to life...in the "real world" once your gone...your gone. Then your family and loved ones are the ones dealing with the reprucutions...not the kid who could've saved a life.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Most of the worst atrocities in human history have been committed by people who are not today's young people. It's disheartening that immediately people try to make this about social media and 'them young whipper snappers'.

Putrid human beings exist across the generations. There are phenomenal young people quietly going about their business and making the world a better place, and there are baby boomers who would laugh while someone else died because 'they didn't work hard like I did'.

I understand why the media focuses on negative stories like this, since it's what gets them traffic, but the world is filled with some fantastic individuals, both young and old, who you never hear from. It's unfortunate.