Thread: Sergachev expectations?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Sergachev expectations?

Just acquired Sergachev, what are your expectations for next year and beyond (3 years) in a points only format?

I have him at 0.894M for the next 3 season.....is he the next Werenski?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Sergachev expectations?

I don't think he's the next Werenski because he's still got to beat Stralman and Hedman for PP1 time but I think he's got the upside to be a Werenski type of player. I'd actually say he has more offensive upside than Werenski , thanks to his rocket of a shot.

He's a better PP option than Stralman but I doubt Cooper will give him the PP1 minutes right away. Temper your expecations for next season, something like 25-30 pts at best. In the long run, there isn't a better D prospect than Sergachev IMO.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

The Great One

Temper your expectations that he also plays less than half a season based on the conditional part of the deal....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Temper your expectations that he also plays less than half a season based on the conditional part of the deal....
    I was about to add this too. He probably won't make it out of camp because of that, but he will be one of the earlier call ups I would say.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

dman usually take longer to be productive, and being behind hedman won't help. great long term prospect, but I wouldn't expect werenski numbers this year or next year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Just spitballing this one but don't expect too much out of him the next 3 years since they take a long time to develop

year1: 20 pts
    year2: 25 pts
    year3: 30 pts

Dobber Sports Sophomore

His situation in TB has similarities to Chabot in Ottawa: a very gifted and promising yound d-man with great offensive talent. He is behind 2 other d-men for PP time, the first of which is elite and will always be #1 (Karlsson/Hedman), and the second one is firmly in as #2 right now, but could be passed by in a year or 3 (Phaneuf/Stralman).

Sergachev has the potential to be a gem, but it will take him time to develop, not only because of his age and position, but because of his situation. However, his situation may be just right to help him develop the right way, because being the #3 guy on the depth chart of the future should allow him to develop into a solid #2, and maybe even inherit the #1 role someday down the line.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I was about to add this too. He probably won't make it out of camp because of that, but he will be one of the earlier call ups I would say.
    Can he be called up mid-season if he is sent down to the OHL? Don't see it too often unless it is an emergency call-up due to injures (Guhle and Baertschi come to mind)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm only expecting him to play 9 games this year.