Thread: Monahan + Wennberg trades

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Monahan + Wennberg trades

I pulled off a couple of trades for my rebuilding team yesterday (team in signature). My FOW were already my weak spot, so I decided to give up on that category to strengthen my overall team.

First trade:
    I gave: Wennberg, D. Shore, Goldobin
    I got: Mantha, Fiala, Matheson

Second trade:
    I gave: Monahan
    I got: Werenski, Crouse

I already had an open roster spot so I did not need to drop anyone. What do you guys think? My Defence looks a lot stronger now and I gained cross category production in Mantha and Crouse.

The Great One

Default Re: Monahan + Wennberg trades

I'm not exactly sure what the point of the first trade was; I'd rather Wenneberg than any of the pieces you got back.

2nd trade seems to be a wash; but it's hard to know if your league puts a premium on C's due to the FOW category.

Granted, I'm not a huge fans of total rebuilds in small leagues.

Dobber Sports Master

I dont mind the monahan deal because the prices are generally high for a stud D .I suspect both gm's are happy here .If Crouse pans out , bonus for you .

I'm not sure if I like your return on Wennberg though -Fiala certainly the wildcard

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what the point of the first trade was; I'd rather Wenneberg than any of the pieces you got back.
    Believe it or not, the initial deal was Wennberg alone for the same 3 players and the LM vetoed it within 30 minutes stating that I was getting way too much back for Wennberg. But Somehow, adding Shore and Goldobin (who would both have been drops) made it acceptable lol

As for the FOW, Defencemen have a lot of value due to the DEF category. I'd say Cs and Ds have about the same value in this league. So monahan was more a trade for need.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Cedricc21 View Post
    Believe it or not, the initial deal was Wennberg alone for the same 3 players and the LM vetoed it within 30 minutes stating that I was getting way too much back for Wennberg. But Somehow, adding Shore and Goldobin (who would both have been drops) made it acceptable lol

As for the FOW, Defencemen have a lot of value due to the DEF category. I'd say Cs and Ds have about the same value in this league. So monahan was more a trade for need.
    I wouldn't want to be part of a league where the commissioner tells you how to manage your team.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cedricc21 View Post

are you using espn ? I really liked a roto I participated in one year that used d-man points as a category .I'm not sure if any other stat service offers that

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am using ESPN, yes.