Thread: Severson??

The Great One

Default Severson??

Just acquired- whats he getting? Coming off a career season and still no serious qqpb added- could be a decent cheap add- whats he signing for???

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Severson??

All D-men seem to be getting between $4M and $5.5M, so that's what I'd guess for Severson as well. Maybe closer to the $4M mark, though.

Dobber Sports Monster

I am guessing 5 years at $4.5M per.

The Great One

ikes no wonder he was thrown in :P.

Thats not actually bad- thats zaitsev territory- not a bad 4/5. As a throw in I feel like I can live with that.

With no major additions- are we seeing a step forward here? Hes much younger/inexperienced than i had realized...

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    ikes no wonder he was thrown in :P.

Thats not actually bad- thats zaitsev territory- not a bad 4/5. As a throw in I feel like I can live with that.

With no major additions- are we seeing a step forward here? Hes much younger/inexperienced than i had realized...
    He is in a good situation in New Jersey and should be given ample pp time. I don't expect HUGE numbers from him but I got him down for

GP/G/A/PTS/FLOOR-CEILING
    79-5-27-32-25/35

The Magnificent One

So I would expect an increase in points only in that he will get more pp time than last year. He was up and down a lot of shifting last year. However not sure about his contract. He might only get a bridge deal in hopes that he can become the number 1 d for the devils. He hasn't shown enough consistency yet
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

Hoping Jersey's forwards are more potent than last year and with the right deployment he should hit 30s
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Hoping Jersey's forwards are more potent than last year and with the right deployment he should hit 30s
    I expect improvement from Severson. New Jersey's offense has improved and Severson has another year of NHL experience behind him.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Playing Devils advocate but why do you think they've improved? Losing Cam wasn't a start to that imo...

The Great One

Id imagine most people mean Hischier (banking on an immidiate impact)- plus improvement from Zazha et all- finding their footing in the league. I dont think Henrique has a ton of upside but is much better cast as a second line center where he should eventually wind up imho. Not bankong on a toronto/edmonton type of background but Im cautiously optimistic their offense starts improving by next year.

Re: Cam: I love cammalleri (even more at his new price point!) but he spends so much time on the ir that its hard to equate him as a serious loss up front. Im sure their are posession metrics and such out there that would prove me otherwise- but its hard to run your offense through a guy whose only playing half the games...

The Great One

True... Bit 50% of your games with an extra point a game player is what it is

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    True... Bit 50% of your games with an extra point a game player is what it is
    Yea agreed and I do like camal toe. He checks off a lot of boxes when hes healthy...