Thread: What would you pay to land Hischier?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default What would you pay to land Hischier?

I have been shopping for a top tier center prospect without succes lately. The guy with 1st overall pick announced he is willing to move the pick. So far the only offer he got for that is 5th and 12th this year and a late first pick on 2018 draft.

I was thinking something like 6oa +7oa + m.jones or something like that. How much would you give up?

EDIT: Already gone for the offer mentioned above

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: What would you pay to land Hischier?

league info in the sig.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I owned the second overall pick and at the time I traded it, it was thought Hischier would be second overall and I got Marner for it. Now I am going after the first overall myself but I am targeting Patrick I think he is the better player, however I am not going to be giving Marner as I think he is better than both Patrick and Hischier. As for your offer I would take a shot for sure, I'm not sure I would give Seth jones but that would depend on the value of defenceman in your league.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    I owned the second overall pick and at the time I traded it, it was thought Hischier would be second overall and I got Marner for it. Now I am going after the first overall myself but I am targeting Patrick I think he is the better player, however I am not going to be giving Marner as I think he is better than both Patrick and Hischier. As for your offer I would take a shot for sure, I'm not sure I would give Seth jones but that would depend on the value of defenceman in your league.
    Forgot to make it clear that i meant max jones not seth.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd rather have 6oa, 7oa and Max Jones over Hischer. I think anyone buying Hischer this year will be paying for 1oa hype and probably end up over paying on the whole.

With your 6oa and 7oa you could easily land guys like Mittelstadt, Glass, Pettersson, Vilardi or Suzuki and I'd prefer 2 of those centers and a shinny Max Jones to one Hischer (assuming there is no concerns with farm slots).
    16 Team Dynasty
    25 Man Roster
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 SKT, 2 G
    CATS: G, A, SOG, STP, HITS, BLK, GPT3, GAA, SV, SV%

Rebuilding... Roster is too embarrassing to show QQ

Dobber Sports Wizard

Unless your farm teams are very shallow, I'd rather keep picks #6 and #7. You can get two very good players with those picks, guys who probably have similar upside as Hischier but they just need another year or two to catch up to him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sorry to hitch onto this thread, but I'm on the opposing end of a similar dilemma. I have 2nd overall and another GM has asked me if I'd be willing to move it for Sam Reinhart +. (he owns 1st overall, so he'd be getting both Patrick and Hischer if I traded him my pick).

A bit worried about Reinhart as he ended up on the 4th line last year...

Would you guys think of moving Hischer or Patrick for Reinhart + ?

Edit : Forgot to mention that this is NOT for the league in my signature. It's for a sim league. Usually I'd say to think more in terms of real NHL value instead of fantasy, but since either would likely end up in my top 6... I guess, maybe think multicat.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Sorry to hitch onto this thread, but I'm on the opposing end of a similar dilemma. I have 2nd overall and another GM has asked me if I'd be willing to move it for Sam Reinhart +. (he owns 1st overall, so he'd be getting both Patrick and Hischer if I traded him my pick).

A bit worried about Reinhart as he ended up on the 4th line last year...

Would you guys think of moving Hischer or Patrick for Reinhart + ?

Edit : Forgot to mention that this is NOT for the league in my signature. It's for a sim league. Usually I'd say to think more in terms of real NHL value instead of fantasy, but since either would likely end up in my top 6... I guess, maybe think multicat.
    I'd take Reinhart over Patrick. Hischier is close but you're not getting him with the 2nd pick most likely, so I would make that deal. Reinhart has similar upside but he's much further along in his development and hasn't shown similar injury issues as Patrick already has.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'd take Reinhart over Patrick. Hischier is close but you're not getting him with the 2nd pick most likely, so I would make that deal. Reinhart has similar upside but he's much further along in his development and hasn't shown similar injury issues as Patrick already has.
    Thanks J-P! But aren't you worried by Reinhart's demotion to the 4th line last year? Or is that just a bump in an otherwise nice road?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Thanks J-P! But aren't you worried by Reinhart's demotion to the 4th line last year? Or is that just a bump in an otherwise nice road?
    Not worried for him long-term, and I still think he's a better short-term option than Patrick.

Dobber Sports Stud

i prefer Reinhart over both. not worried at all in the long term

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft