Thread: Fantrax Question, Please Help!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fantrax Question, Please Help!

Hey guys, I'm starting a new league on Fantrax and i'm a little confused on how to set up the rosters.

I want it to be a 12 team, keep 40 dynasty league. Okay. I selected 40.

First option is "total # of players" which was explained as "Select the total # of players each team roster must have. This total includes all players in Active and Reservestatus, regardless of the position they're set to. Players in the Injured Reserve and Minors slots are included if the Injured Reserve players count toward roster limitation rules and Minors players count toward roster limitation rules options below are selected, respectively."
    Okay. I selected 40.

Next is total # of active players (starters) which is explained as, "These fields indicate the total minimum and maximum # of Active players that team rosters are allowed to have."
    I selected 23 because I want to be able to start 12 forwards, 6 D, 3 utility and 2 goalies every night.

The third tab says "Max # of reserve players (bench) which is explained as Select the maximum # of Reserve players that team rosters are allowed to have.
    Select Not Used if your league does not allow Reserve Players.
    Select No Max if there is no limit to the # of Reserve Players that rosters are allowed to have.

So i selected 17 because if we start 23 each night out of 40 roster spots that should leave 17 for the bench..

Anyone who is familiar with being a commissioner for a Fantrax league, did I do this correctly? I don't want to go into the season with messed up rosters. Thank you in advance!

- 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Fantrax Question, Please Help!

We use GP for the each active spot. So we use our max roster size for Reserve Players or No Max would work to. It just allows you to move all players to your bench.
    If there is no limit to GP in your league and want to make sure all 23 are active, then 17 should do it.

I've also sent in a support question to them in the past and they're pretty good at getting the info for what u want.
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You'll want to go to no max for reserve players, it will make roster management easier. You will also want to select the option of allow teams to go over their max roster limits, the reason is it will allow teams to make uneven trades (I.e. Two for one) otherwise the trade won't go through until they drop before the trade, I find it better to allow the trade then drop, it also makes it a problem when you as commissioner are adding players from drafts etc. to the rosters, if it is set to not allow over max you will have to drop first then add, it's a pain. Just makes things easier to allow over limit rosters. Fantrax is the best fantasy site in the world and they are a small company so I am all for supporting them over the big ones.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Master

you can plug in roster sizes / max , min starters but then select ''never'' when you get to the illegal roster choices .

this would allow uneven incoming/outgoing asset trades to process overnight but gm's would have time to make cuts in the morning because your roster min/max numbers would overide the ''never'' mode and still present you with an illegal team

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    you can plug in roster sizes / max , min starters but then select ''never'' when you get to the illegal roster choices .

this would allow uneven incoming/outgoing asset trades to process overnight but gm's would have time to make cuts in the morning because your roster min/max numbers would overide the ''never'' mode and still present you with an illegal team
    I tried selecting "never" but it's a premium option.. is there a way around it without having to pay extra for premium?
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by flyers0101 View Post
    I tried selecting "never" but it's a premium option.. is there a way around it without having to pay extra for premium?
    No. Pay the money, it's worth it. In a ten team league it's like 10 bucks a guy.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyers0101 View Post
    ouch eh , something that simple is premium feature eh .

split fee with your gm's so that not only this feature gets unlocked but others as well

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This may help instead.
    In the Transactions -> Trades area, Allow Trades even when Rosters Become Illegal

Fantrax - "If this option is checked, the system will allow all trades to go through, whether or not they cause an illegal roster. Owners will then have up to the lineup lock time to fix their rosters so they are legal. If they do not fix them in time, they will not accrue points for that period and on, until they are fixed. The commissioner can override that retroactively if needed.

If checked, this will override the setting 'Prevent any transaction that would cause a roster to become illegal = Always' in the Rosters screen.

We highlighy recommend keeping this setting checked, as otherwise, trades may often and unexpectedly get declined."
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by valec View Post
    This may help instead.
    In the Transactions -> Trades area, Allow Trades even when Rosters Become Illegal

Fantrax - "If this option is checked, the system will allow all trades to go through, whether or not they cause an illegal roster. Owners will then have up to the lineup lock time to fix their rosters so they are legal. If they do not fix them in time, they will not accrue points for that period and on, until they are fixed. The commissioner can override that retroactively if needed.

If checked, this will override the setting 'Prevent any transaction that would cause a roster to become illegal = Always' in the Rosters screen.

We highlighy recommend keeping this setting checked, as otherwise, trades may often and unexpectedly get declined."
    I think this is also going to allow gm's to make ww claims without having to drop until next morning (assuming a middle of the night ww processing time)