Thread: Connor / Barzal / Dubois / Boeser

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Connor / Barzal / Dubois / Boeser

Kyle Connor, Mathew Barzal, Brock Boeser, Pierre-Luc Dubois

Who do you take in a multi-cat league if you're focused on the long term? These guys all strike me as point producers first and foremost, so I'm not sure much weight would be given to the other cats, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong about that!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Connor / Barzal / Dubois / Boeser

PLD is the (only)/best multi-cat prospect of the four. Somewhere along the lines of a Benn/Kopitar/Wheeler/Landeskog type. He's likely going to have to bang his way up the lineup starting in a bottom 6 role... the offensive output will follow but you'll probably have to wait longer for it (2-3 years for ~45 points) and his ceiling years (mid-late 20s - ~65-70 points).

That said, I like Boeser and Connor's offensive upside (~35 goals ~70 points) the most (Barzal is up there too (~65 points) but is slightly riskier and will be assist heavy, I think)... with Boeser possibly hitting ~45 points this year. But they aren't gonna bang like PLD. The fact he might play centre somewhere down the line only adds to his multi-cat value with FOWs as well.

My $0.02.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree that PLD is up on his own in terms of overall multicat production. He's the only one I could see being above average in "multi" categories. Many writers still say he has top-line Centre potential, so in the long term he could theoretically hit the 500+ FOW mark, however likely/unlikely that may be. Other than him, Barzal will generate FOW above the remaining two and Boeser will likely generate a lot of shots on goal.

Including points:

PLD
    Barzal
    Boeser
    Connor

Dobber Sports Master

dubois--rounded
    boeser--goals , hits ,pims
    barzal--assist heavy
    connor

Dobber Sports Deity

Long term:

Dubois
    Boeser
    Connor
    Barzal
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback and will rep where it lets me.

I lost out on Boeser but still got PLD and Connor and let Barzal go, as he seemed the riskiest of the bunch. Hopefully in 5 years or so I'll know I made the right moves, haha!