Thread: Bonino's Worth?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bonino's Worth?

Currently over ~$2M in cap space and trying to move guys like Kesler, Bonino, and Smith who have high salary but could be decent options. So far no one is biting on Kesler or Smith, the main focus has been on Bonino.

Not sure where he's going to be put in the Preds depth but seems like he'd squeak into the 2nd line.

A manager offered me J.T. Compher and Cholowski for Bonino but I feel like that is too little for Bonino.

What would you guys value Bonino at? His $4.1M cap hit seems to be deterring people a bit.

Thoughts?
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Bonino's Worth?

Bonino is what he is. He's a third line center. I don't think that changes in Nashville.

Furthermore, his value in your league is what people will give you. If that's the best offer, that's his value. If you need to dump cap space, of those three Bonino is the one I would most prefer to trade, unless one of the other two can get you an actual good return.

The Great One

It would be very surprising for him to score even 50 points, barring any major injuries to those higher on the depth chart.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the Preds are probably going to have two tweeter lines again instead of a real second line and a real third line. Bonino will centre one of them, be a responsible player, hit 40-45 points, and get you some peripherals. If that has value in your league at 4M, which it should have some, then you can probably ask for a third piece on top on Cholowski and Compher. You are in a weak selling point to be asking for more though, so make sure you tell GMs that you are being patient and not rushing into anything. Otherwise, that's how they get you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I don't think he's worth the money.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."