Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: O.J. Simpson granted parole after serving 9 years

Dobber Sports Monster

Default O.J. Simpson granted parole after serving 9 years

Pretty surprising. Thought he was never getting out.

http://www.tsn.ca/simpson-granted-pa...years-1.809650

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: O.J. Simpson granted parole after serving 9 years

It's not like he's Charlie Manson.

I always felt he got prosecuted in this whole mess because the justice system felt they botched the whole murder case and come hell or high water, they were going to get him for something.

Im sure he will be back in jail again before too long.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

From what I have heard, he has been a pretty model prisoner during his time, although I did hear that he was receiving preferential treatment. If he was a model prisoner, he deserves to be free. You can't keep him in jail for armed robbery when he has served his time, even if you are convinced he is a murderer.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

If his name was anything else, he would have been already released long ago like the rest of his zoo crew. He did his time and just wants to go be with his kids and play golf now.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports All-Star

Surprised at the nice words? regarding this double killer.

He should have been in jail the rest of his life but got off because of the circus of a trial. As far as this sentence goes, yes he did his time and deserves to be released but, it doesn't change the fact that he is a murderer and wife beater. Hopefully justice will to come to him once he gets out. This guy is on borrowed time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post

He should have been in jail the rest of his life but got off because of the circus of a trial. As far as this sentence goes, yes he did his time and deserves to be released but, it doesn't change the fact that he is a murderer and wife beater. Hopefully justice will to come to him once he gets out. This guy is on borrowed time.
    But...but...but....... the glove didn't fit!!!

51966022.jpg
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

He got off because the prosecution failed miserably in proving their case. The concept of "Innocent until proven Guilty" and that the prosecution is tasked with "Burden of Proof" are both her "correct" ways to run a justice system. Is OJ actually guilty of murder? Maybe. Did the jury come to the right verdict? Under the circumstances, yes, absolutely. I will agree that the US Judicial System has holes in it that you could drive a truck through. However, the jury got this one 100 percent right.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

does he get his Bronco back?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    From what I have heard, he has been a pretty model prisoner during his time, although I did hear that he was receiving preferential treatment. If he was a model prisoner, he deserves to be free. You can't keep him in jail for armed robbery when he has served his time, even if you are convinced he is a murderer.

Rylant
    I agree that he's served his time for armed robbery. As usual, balanced take by Rylant.

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    If his name was anything else, he would have been already released long ago like the rest of his zoo crew. He did his time and just wants to go be with his kids and play golf now.
    The mother of his kids and another man would just like to be alive now, but for some reason, they can't. Maybe O.J. can dedicate some time to find their killer like he said after being found NOT GUILTY (not innocent, but not guilty).

The time for justice has passed on the double murder he may have gotten away with. You can only hope that if he did do that crime, that karma will pay him a visit.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    does he get his Bronco back?
    haha, that was A.C Cowlings bronco, not OJs, I think its in a museum somewhere, seriously..

ps. Some hollywood jerk desperate for attention is gonna give this guy a reality show I just know it.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    But...but...but....... the glove didn't fit!!!

51966022.jpg
    Ohhhh yes. Can't believe the prosecution, or more specific, Chris Darden, fell for that one.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    haha, that was A.C Cowlings bronco, not OJs, I think its in a museum somewhere, seriously..

ps. Some hollywood jerk desperate for attention is gonna give this guy a reality show I just know it.
    How interesting could a 70 year old man, with severely arthritic knees, who can't travel because he's a convicted felon, and can't even stay out late at night due to his parole conditions possibly be?

"Tune in next week, as OJ complains about the price of grapefruit, tries to figure out how tap works on his VISA card, discovers what Twitter is, and plays 11 holes of golf before quitting because his back hurts."
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    and plays 11 holes of golf before quitting because his back hurts."
    It would be funny if A.C. Cowlings could drive the golf cart that looks like a little Bronco! I can even picture the news choppers in the sky following them around the course...along with a couple other golf carts that look like little police cars as part of the foursome.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

To be honest Im surprised it's been 9 years already!!

I spent enough time with both TV shows about him that Im not even reading any of these stories.....but it's not really surprisingly he is being let out based on the crimes he was actually convicted for is it?

Dobber Sports Titan

The other 2 guys who did this with him didn't get any time i think. So this is just news because its OJ.

Oh well, not like he's got many years left. The next time i want to see him in the news is when they use his brain for CTE research.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll