Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chester Bennington Commits Suicide

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Chester Bennington Commits Suicide

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/

Theyre (Linkin Park) in the middle of a tour too.

Today was Chris Cornell's Bday i think and they were close.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Chester Bennington Commits Suicide

Ah man that's terrible. Always remember listening to them all throughout highschool in the early-mid 2000's. Feel for people battling with their demons and has to be pretty painful to come to that decision. May his soul find peace and prayers to his family and friends who will be mourning his loss.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Crazy. What is going on this year

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow, I can only imagine what people are going through when they make such decisions.

Prayers for his family, friends and bandmates.

Dobber Sports Star

Another incredible talent, taken too soon. So sad.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is ****ed. Losing Cornell and Chester in the same year is a huge blow to rock music.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Such a tragedy. Love LP, got to see him live three times.

Dobber Sports Ace

So many front men are troubled souls, which is what makes them so great when you can truly feel the pain in their performance. He was taken from us too soon RIP.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Such a tragedy. Love LP, got to see him live three times.
    Oh man, I never got to see them live. One of my favourite bands and Chester was one of my favourite singers of all time. It's a sad day.

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Damn. He didn't want to die. He just wanted the pain to end.

I remember one of the first CD's I ever bought with my own money was Meteora. I found comfort in the lyrics and knowing that someone else was going through tough times and willing to share it with the world.

Rest In Peace.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

There are so many people out there that are disrespectful.. all memes and jokes when people commit suicide... makes me angry.

Individuals going through such pain should be honoured and not the centre of peoples jokes... they clearly have never been close to anyone that has battled this disease.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    There are so many people out there that are disrespectful.. all memes and jokes when people commit suicide... makes me angry.

Individuals going through such pain should be honoured and not the centre of peoples jokes... they clearly have never been close to anyone that has battled this disease.
    I truly don't understand someone wanting to kill themselves unless they were essentially ISIS captives and about to meet a gruesome death. In a way, I am glad I don't understand because I think that would change me as a happy go lucky type person.

Maybe one day we'll understand what makes people want to end it all. Very tough for families who have loved ones who choose this route.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I truly don't understand someone wanting to kill themselves unless they were essentially ISIS captives and about to meet a gruesome death. In a way, I am glad I don't understand because I think that would change me as a happy go lucky type person.

Maybe one day we'll understand what makes people want to end it all. Very tough for families who have loved ones who choose this route.
    It's an interesting perspective. When I was in grade 11, a good friend of mine killed himself. He slashed his wrists, over a bad break up with his long term girlfriend. For the longest time, I struggled with it. For the longest time, I was angry with him. Deep down, I knew that being angry with him was selfish. We weren't going to graduate together. We weren't going to see each other get married and have kids. We weren't going to be able to hang out anymore. I was also keenly aware, that my anger existed partly to mask my guilt. Not only was I not able to stop it from happening, I actually teased him about he and her breaking up. I ignored how serious it was and always reminded him that there were others out there interested in him. He was a good looking guy, and fun to be around. He'd find somebody else, even if it was just a rebound chick to get his mind off of "her", right?

His suicide note was devastating. He mentioned not having the strength to go on anymore. He mentioned that he wanted to talk about it, but nobody in his life seemed to care what he was going through. He mentioned thinking about suicide for weeks. Nobody had any idea. In the end, his perspective was, that killing himself was easier than trying to get through it.

So, The Comish, I guess my perspective now, is that nobody truly knows what other people are going through which may lead them to something so drastic. It's easy to say "I truly don't understand someone wanting to kill themselves" if you have never had suicidal thoughts. For me, I came to the realization long ago, that I can try to see life from the perspective of others, but nobody truly understands what you are going through, except you.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

I think many of them get to the point where they feel utter hopelessness of whatever situation they are in and focus on that too much but there are a lot of variables with each persons situation as well IE drug abuse/mental health problems. One of my buddies committed suicide about 6 months ago and he was having relationship problems and financial problems and was about to get evicted from his place and this was around Christmas time. I worked with him about 10 years ago for about 6 months and he was a genuinely nice guy and never got into any arguments or anything with him. I have battled with demons before and can understand why someone would do this but still do not respect the decision. I remember someone saying before "Suicide doesn't relieve ones pain, it just passes it along to your family". So every time I have a rough day or things aren't going well i also think "be thankful for what you have, there are other people in the world that would love to be in the situation you are in" and put everything into perspective.

Dobber Sports Genius

Must watch interview - might answer some questions you may have. Very interesting. Often finds himself between two places; one peaceful and one quite terrible. Sad indeed. Wish he found help for those times he went to "that place" - RIP.

After Korn's guitarist lashed out at Chester after his death, he posted this....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.