Thread: Patrick v. Hischier - 'Secondary Stats'

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Patrick v. Hischier - 'Secondary Stats'

Lucky enough to have the 1st pick this year, however our league is somewhat heavy on the use of secondary stats, in particular Hits, Tks and PIMs. Which of the big two do you guys see as being the stronger option in these categories, and would it be enough to sway your decision one way or the other?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Patrick v. Hischier - 'Secondary Stats'

Patrick... more all around game should equate into more of the peripheral stats.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Patrick... more all around game should equate into more of the peripheral stats.
    I was on the fence enough between the two that I could agree with this assessment.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

The one thing I've noted is that there really isnt a huge PIM gap looking at their time in the CHL: .41 PIM/GP for Nico, .57 PIM/GP for Nolan. That only translates to about a 14 PIM difference over a 82 game season - probably not a factor one way or the other

Dobber Sports Pro

One glaring 'secondary stat' is that Nolan is proving to be way more unhealthy than Hischier:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p...face/?shawct=1

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by drowninginair View Post
    ...secondary stats, in particular Hits, Tks and PIMs. Which of the big two do you guys see as being the stronger option in these categories, and would it be enough to sway your decision one way or the other?
    I'd say no - I don't expect significant stats in these categories from either guy.
    Yes, somebody will have more... but you get these stats (Hits, Tks, PIMs) mostly from your other guys - specifically defensemen, if possible.

I'd consider this a bit like the Taylor vs. Tyler debate of 2010... which a google search shows others (link) also noted:
    http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/02...l-draft-debate

For me, you take the best player for scoring - which is probably Hischier.