Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Signing] Parayko - 5.5m

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [Signing] Parayko - 5.5m

5 year deal, avoids arbritration as the hearing i think was scheduled today

Good NHL deal - i think parayko has the tools to be the closest thing since pronger
    Terrible for fantasy - obviously until he hits that potential it's a pretty expensive contract. imo it's only time until he starts getting offensive minutes over pietrangelo

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [Signing] Parayko - 5.5m

Ouch!

Like most Dmen deals, you have to hope he plays his way into this contract. Right now, for the production received for fantasy rosters, this is expensive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's a great deal for STL, they got off cheap.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Master

An overpayment now, that could potentially become a steal in the future. I just don't always like using the word "potentially" when it comes to contract salaries unless your last name is McDavid.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Good contract. It will follow the typical arc of: expensive, cheap-to-value for dollar, expensive. Right now, it's pretty expensive, real NHL or fantasy.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Good deal for STL. I would have preferred the one-year deal Parayko was seeking over signing for this amount long-term (from his perspective).

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

I think this looks like a lot for one year and then for the other four it looks like a solid contract. He's a great player and STL definitely needed to get that deal done and not go down the Trouba route.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Considering Dellow made a convincing 4 first round pick offer sheet for Parayko, this is a steal.

The Great One

Years and $$ aren't outrageous by comparison. Remember - you can't judge these deals in a vacuum anymore, and overall this one seems reasonable.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good number for both sides.
    Parayko is one of my favourite NHL stories because, let's be honest, he pretty much came out of nowhere (fantasy-wise).
    I can't honestly remember anybody seriously dropping his name prior to fall 2015.

Its one thing to constantly be on the lookout for the next Ghost or Klingberg (because point-totals are more obvious to us internet-researchers)...
    But I find it far more interesting to think who might be the next Parayko, that big, smart, smooth-skating D-man... as those three characteristics aren't often found together...
    Hmmm...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Love this deal for St Louis. Think it's going to look like robbery by the end.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree that this a pretty good deal for STL.

Not convinced they were going to get him signed for less than that. And could see the price tag having gone up as time passes based both on his own continued development, and as developments around the league continue to unfold with contracts to other young D-men.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Wizard

This deal buys just two UFA years. They should have been able to lock him for 7-8 years at this price. 5 years seems just weird. Why not sign a two-year bridge contract at $4.5M instead? Or if you're totally convinced, sign him until he's 32 (which isn't all that old for a D-man). Now Parayko will be 29 when this deal ends, and they need to give him a raise after that. That just seems odd.

Dobber Sports Monster

Pretty hefty contract but so far Parayko is looking to be the man in St. Louis for years to come. Was surprised at his goal output the first half of the season but he brings so much more to the game. Reminds me a bit of Chris Pronger back in his glory days.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    This deal buys just two UFA years. They should have been able to lock him for 7-8 years at this price. 5 years seems just weird. Why not sign a two-year bridge contract at $4.5M instead? Or if you're totally convinced, sign him until he's 32 (which isn't all that old for a D-man). Now Parayko will be 29 when this deal ends, and they need to give him a raise after that. That just seems odd.
    I'm sure St. Louis wanted that, but the term is likely where Parayko's camp pushed back most
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/