Thread: Buchnevich/Voracek vs Puljujarvi/Hornqvist

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Buchnevich/Voracek vs Puljujarvi/Hornqvist

Both Buch and Puljujarvi are prospect eligible (<201gp). Puljujarvi will be prospect eligible the next couple years as well. Buch not so much.

Cats are G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SOG,Hits,FOW,Blocks

Which duo would you rather have as keepers going into next year?
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Buchnevich/Voracek vs Puljujarvi/Hornqvist

pulj & Hornqvist - pulj higher upside than Buch and Horny is a monster in this format. Voracek will give more points. Horn, will win every other category
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Yeah - if Hornqvist even manages to put up 50 points he's a beast in this format. And at his worst he's still a strong asset.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Has Hornqvist overcome injury filled passed... I think so. I would take him and the huge upside in Puljujarvi.

And this is from a Flyers fan..

Dobber Sports Stud

Buchnevich is going to be a special player for NY, but perhaps make take a little longer to bloom into the player they hope. His ability to skate with the puck in traffic areas is very impressive and he was rail thin last season, with some added weight and experience and the soon to be departing Rick Nash the sky is the limit on this kid.

Puljujarvi so far has been frustrating as the Oiler pretty much flushed the first part of his season down the toilet before sending him down to the AHL. I own him in one of my leagues and am still shaking my head on how the oilers "management" handled this situation. Overall he has the size and wheels and his numbers in the minors weren't too terrible. I am hoping he starts the season in the A this next season as well.

Voracek's career seems to be in reverse over the past 2 seasons. 11 goals on 200+ shots ? then a very nasty -24. Not very appealing, then when matched with his contract ? no thanks mate. Yet he is 6'2" and about 220lbs, skates well and is still only 27 years old. Does he have another 80 point season in him ? I don't see why not.

Hornqvist strikes me as no nonsense go to the high traffic areas near the net and pound home the rebound/look for loose pucks. Its a simple yet effective game.

So overall between the 2 sets, I prefer Buchnevich over Puljujarvi just because of how stupid the oilers handled him last season. NYR at least know how to bring their kids along. Could JP explode if given a legit chance ? yup but the Oil are quite deep right now whereas Buch already has his meal ticket punched.

Between Hornqvist and Voracek I would prefer Voracek (assuming this is not a cap league). There are a number of reasons but Jakub is on the right side of 30, has high quality linemates and a guaranteed PP slot he could also find his scoring ability too. With Hornqvist you know what you are getting. A sub 6 foot, less than 200 lbs pitbull who will slam home about 20 goals a season. I think Voracek has higher upside than that.

So

Buch>Pul
    Voraceck>Hornquist
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Buch/Voracek...as outlined Buch adds muscle it's on...filthy skill.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm on the Pulj/Horny side, mainly because you want here and now production. You're getting more of it out of Horny. Even if I didn't like Pulj more than Buch, that side would be my choice.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Slightly prefer the Puljujarvi side.

Dobber Sports Genius

Puljujarvi's side but not by much
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

The Great One

Horn over voarwcek in this format... buch over pool this season but not enough to swing it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Buchnevich is going to be a special player for NY, but perhaps make take a little longer to bloom into the player they hope. His ability to skate with the puck in traffic areas is very impressive and he was rail thin last season, with some added weight and experience and the soon to be departing Rick Nash the sky is the limit on this kid.

Puljujarvi so far has been frustrating as the Oiler pretty much flushed the first part of his season down the toilet before sending him down to the AHL. I own him in one of my leagues and am still shaking my head on how the oilers "management" handled this situation. Overall he has the size and wheels and his numbers in the minors weren't too terrible. I am hoping he starts the season in the A this next season as well.

Voracek's career seems to be in reverse over the past 2 seasons. 11 goals on 200+ shots ? then a very nasty -24. Not very appealing, then when matched with his contract ? no thanks mate. Yet he is 6'2" and about 220lbs, skates well and is still only 27 years old. Does he have another 80 point season in him ? I don't see why not.

Hornqvist strikes me as no nonsense go to the high traffic areas near the net and pound home the rebound/look for loose pucks. Its a simple yet effective game.

So overall between the 2 sets, I prefer Buchnevich over Puljujarvi just because of how stupid the oilers handled him last season. NYR at least know how to bring their kids along. Could JP explode if given a legit chance ? yup but the Oil are quite deep right now whereas Buch already has his meal ticket punched.

Between Hornqvist and Voracek I would prefer Voracek (assuming this is not a cap league). There are a number of reasons but Jakub is on the right side of 30, has high quality linemates and a guaranteed PP slot he could also find his scoring ability too. With Hornqvist you know what you are getting. A sub 6 foot, less than 200 lbs pitbull who will slam home about 20 goals a season. I think Voracek has higher upside than that.

So

Buch>Pul
    Voraceck>Hornquist

This all day! It can't be stated any better, very well thought out post backing up the claim.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski