Thread: Consudering...

The Great One

Default Consudering...

Outgoing:
    Theodore, Dano, Giordano, Nelson, 1st this year (9th overall), 1st next year, 2 2nds next year (leaves me with 1 1st- no 2nds nesxt year and two seconds this year)
    for
    Forsberg, Perry, Ghost, Hall and a 2nd this year.

Homerun???

All picks are entry draft...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Consudering...

Get rid of some picks that you're giving up because you're taking so much salary.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

If you can fit those stars in your roster without having to drop any similar caliber players to do so, then this trade is incredibly lopsided in your favour! Click ACCEPT ASAP!!!!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

My bad got ahead of myself. Looking like:

Giordano, 1st and 2nd next year
    for OEL now.

Save salary- elite d-man- lose picks though...

Dobber Sports Titan

OEL isn't enough of an upgrade on Gio to be adding that much. You're paying too much at this point.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    My bad got ahead of myself. Looking like:

Giordano, 1st and 2nd next year
    for OEL now.

Save salary- elite d-man- lose picks though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    OEL isn't enough of an upgrade on Gio to be adding that much. You're paying too much at this point.
    Ya, not the same thing now... I would hold on to Gio and the picks
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

Uh oh- trigger pulled \;\9

Gio, Hutton, 1st, 2nd next year, with a 3rd this year
    For OEL and Severson.

Both guys crack my ative lineup- Ive got an extra 1st and 2nd next year, and Im a HUGE OEL fan- plan on keeping him yil his wheels fall off- lol :P. Severson ties this together- Colin Miller is an active guy and he and Severson should form a n ok 5/6 tandem in a start 5 D/daily starts league...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Uh oh- trigger pulled \;\9

Gio, Hutton, 1st, 2nd next year, with a 3rd this year
    For OEL and Severson.

Both guys crack my ative lineup- Ive got an extra 1st and 2nd next year, and Im a HUGE OEL fan- plan on keeping him yil his wheels fall off- lol :P. Severson ties this together- Colin Miller is an active guy and he and Severson should form a n ok 5/6 tandem in a start 5 D/daily starts league...
    I like this deal better than the Giordano/1st/2nd for OEL you had on the table. Severson is a significant upgrade over Hutton and the Devils look to be acquiring some offensive talent of which Severson will play with on the PP.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

My first reaction is still ouch. Just because you like a player doesn't mean you have to overpay for him. The other guy has no sentimental attachment.
    Hopefully you can make good use of the extra cap space.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Giordano is getting up there in age, so this summer could be the last time you can get decent value for him. For that reason, I don't mind the deal. OEL is a stud and has a lot of good years left. You paid a big price and didn't get an immediate upgrade in Gio vs OEL but at least Severson offers some short-term upgrade as well. Long-term, OEL is the best player in the deal, so it's not that bad.