Thread: Okposo + for.. to continue the rebuild?

The Magnificent One

Default Okposo + for.. to continue the rebuild?

hey all so this is for the team in my sig. I have blown up this roster this offseason and going in for the rebuild. I hope to climb out in a few seasons and why I grabbed some nice youth (johnny hockey, zacha, Schwartz) along this road.

am I making this just to make a trade or is this a good move:

I give: okposo and zuccarello
    I get: Sheary (prospect eligible), 1st rounder in 2019 (entry draft and most likely a late rounder), walman, and O'Regan

I have some easy drops on my roster so not too worried about taking on the extra player. Additionally I am targeting a 2019 pick because I already have 3 first rounder's and 2 2nd rounders in the 2018 summer draft. spacing the picks.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Okposo + for.. to continue the rebuild?

HOLD off on posting.. my sig didn't update
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

I would either keep Okposo and Zuccarello (they'll both still be 50+ pointers in 2-3 years) or trade them for a good young center or goalie.

The problem is Okposo and Zucc (maybe Phaneuf and Steen) are one of the only valuable assets you have left to fill gaps - you don't need more wingers and prospects IMO.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

The Magnificent One

sig finally updated.

Dobber Sports Titan

Try just selling them one at a time. Personally I would just move Okposo and then keep Zucc.
    You'll get more selling them individually than you would selling them as a tandem.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Agree with EB's logic... think the key of any rebuild is to stay away from big deals as you dilute the value you return...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Pretty terrible time to move Okposo after his slow finish and health scares - you would be selling very low
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

what's the long term plan at G and C (the two hardest positions to fill)?

And given 2018 is supposed to be a good draft year, why both spacing out your draft picks?

I'm not a fan of this deal at all. A whole lot of question marks, and not filling the holes you have...

Dobber Sports Wizard

No matter how many 2018 picks you already have, don't acquire 2019 picks unless you can't get a similar 2018 pick. There's no reason to wait an extra year which is a lifetime in fantasy hockey. Upcoming picks are always worth more than future picks. Next summer, you can trade a 2018 1st round pick for a 2019 1st round pick and another 2nd/3rd round pick.

I also agree with what others have said. Do two separate deals to get better value. Don't trade 60 point players for B level prospects. None of the prospects or picks you're getting are A level which is what you want.

The Magnificent One

Hey thanks for the comments yea I kind of went overboard this summer just to make trades and shake things up. I have been in the finals or close for the last few seasons but no prospects and no draft picks to make any moves. So I moved guys like OV, PAv, buff, carter, Rask this summer already. However we have a clear split of rebuilding teams and competing teams so I've made trades but most picks are late in first round. 2017 draft I had 5 picks in the top 24 but the first pick wasn't until #13. In 2018 I have 4 picks in first round already but also aside from mine will be late rounders. Figured spacing might lead to more deals with rebuilding teams willing to move future picks.

As for goalie and center plan not sure yet lol. Figured I won't be competing for a few seasons I can slowly build into those and see who is trending as I get closer