Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pick 3 "B" level prospects- prospect gurus required- REP!!!

The Great One

Default Pick 3 "B" level prospects- prospect gurus required- REP!!!

So an offer came in at the perfect time for my Killorn. The idea is that I can target 2-3 of these mid tier guys for him. He needs to get to the cap floor and is hoping Killorn can turn it around to be a valuavble trade asset- and Im swinging for the fences on 3 farm/junior guys. Our keeper system is deep so no complications keeping any of them. Its especially fortuitous in that I am looking at taking on a bunch of salary in a seperate trade. Goalies have a lot of value in this league but I honestly need D and forward just as much. Basically would just like the 3 best prospects on this list. Im so lost here so need some serious input :P

Daniel Audette (MTL - C) $650,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Zach Sanford (STL - C/LW) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    John Hayden (CHI - C) $925,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Nikita Scherbak (MTL - RW) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Casey Nelson (BUF - D) $650,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Haydn Fleury (CAR - D) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Scott Wedgewood (NJD - G) $?00,000 (RFA)
    Zach Fucale (MTL - G) $863,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Garrett Sparks (TOR - G) $675,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Mason McDonald (CGY - G) $792,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Yakov Trenin (NSH - C) $743,000 (2 years -> RFA) (2015 Entry Draft)
    Graham Knott (CHI - LW) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA) (2015 Entry Draft)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Pick 3 "B" level prospects- prospect gurus required- REP!!!

From that list, I like Hayden the most.

Scherbak is tempting but I've read stories about his lack of ability to play on the defensive side of the puck and that won't fly under Claude Julien. By name alone, he should be near the top of your list but when I read about a players inability to play at both ends of the ice I tend to steer clear. That's such a big part of playing in the NHL and Scherbak could end up being an AHL star who just cant make it to the show. He may be worth taking a risk on to sit in your minors, but he may be a fixture there instead of on your fantasy team roster that contributes to you winning.

A name I like on that list a lot that flies under the radar is Yakov Trenin. He'll be in the AHL this upcoming season and it will be interesting to watch his progression.

The only other name that interests me is Haydn Fleury. The issue with Fleury is that the Canes are deep on the blueline and need to make a trade or two before we see him full time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Sherbak is awesome (I still believe so get him for sure)
    Mason MacDonald is another good bet
    And I quite like Yakov Trenin in Nashville, problem for him now a days is that Nashville seems to keep getting deeper haha

Other 2 that are Ok: Fleury and Hayden / but I would prefer those 3 above
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Sage

Scherbak
    Trenin
    Hayden

for me...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hayden and Sanford are close to the NHL or perhaps already there so there's not much risk with them but there's also not much upside. Depending on the league, they may or may not have value.

Fleury will be a good NHL player but not a huge offensive producer. If you don't have hits and blocked shots, he's not that valuable. Scherbak has maybe the highest upside there but there's of course risk as well. Trenin and Fucale are the other two names to consider.

My first choice from the list would be Scherbak. After that, I would either take Hayden and Sanford if lower upside players have value in your league, or Fucale and Trenin if you want pure prospects.

The Great One

Ok so Ive offered killorn, my 6th and 7th this year for Scherback, Klenin, Hayden and Haydn- fair value??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Potential Yes's

Fleury - had a decent first season in the AHL, still only 21 years old, defensemen take longer to develop. And when he does make it I can see Carolina being a very competitive team.
    Trenin - never really scored at a huge pace in the QMJHL in his last couple season (consitent scoring through all three) and you want a guy to score a tonne in his last season in Canadian Junior. However he scored 3 points in 5 WHL games.... so maybe a consistent option?
    Scherbak - I think he has potential to make a top 6 impact with the Canadiens. Scored at a decent pace for the IceCaps last season.
    Nelson - College player, but seems to score at a decent in college. Had some NHL games in the last couple season and scored decently with the Americans (AHL). However he is 25 years old...so there might be risk that he is getting into his prime years and not scoring enough for fantasy. - I would rather a younger Fleury than him.

Definite No:

Knott - Didn't even score at a point per game pace with Windsor in OHL last year.
    Audette - Peaked too early? stopped trying once drafted? His last year of junior was worst then his previous two. In his last year in junior there was another good player on his team (Gauthier - 86 points) and Audette seemed to take a back seat. The two years where Audette put up 75+ points in junior there was no one else past 50 points. So he was given all the opportunities. Only 30 ppoints in 75 AHL games last season.

Don't Know Enough about:

John Hayden
    - being a college player I don't know much about him... I see his college stats look good. But that's all I can go off.
    Zac Sanford - another college player, who has had some AHL and NHL experience but not enough to stick in a lineup.
    Goalies - don't anlalyze goalies very well.

So based on this research I would take Fleury, Trenin and Scherbak for him. I know I did not include goalies in my analysis, but I am not very good at analyzng goalies.. Sorry!

Last edited by PenguinHunter; July 18, 2017 at 3:34 PM. Reason: make it easier to read

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Ok so Ive offered killorn, my 6th and 7th this year for Scherback, Klenin, Hayden and Haydn- fair value??
    I think the 6th and 7th are toss-ins so no problem there. Killorn could have a decent year as they did make moves to keep him in TB (Drouin trade was one so he became the protected forward) so I assume they plan on using him in the top-6 (maybe with Stammers). Nonetheless, I like the 4 prospects you are getting back as I'm sure at least one of them will pan out to an equivalent or better player than Killorn at his peak. If 2 or more hit their potential, it's money in the bank. Either way, you free up a long term contract for some prospects that were drafted in the 1st or 2nd round for the most part.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Scherbak
    Trenin
    Hayden

for me...
    me too
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    So an offer came in at the perfect time for my Killorn. The idea is that I can target 2-3 of these mid tier guys for him. He needs to get to the cap floor and is hoping Killorn can turn it around to be a valuavble trade asset- and Im swinging for the fences on 3 farm/junior guys. Our keeper system is deep so no complications keeping any of them. Its especially fortuitous in that I am looking at taking on a bunch of salary in a seperate trade. Goalies have a lot of value in this league but I honestly need D and forward just as much. Basically would just like the 3 best prospects on this list. Im so lost here so need some serious input :P

Daniel Audette (MTL - C) $650,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Zach Sanford (STL - C/LW) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    John Hayden (CHI - C) $925,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Nikita Scherbak (MTL - RW) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Casey Nelson (BUF - D) $650,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Haydn Fleury (CAR - D) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Scott Wedgewood (NJD - G) $?00,000 (RFA)
    Zach Fucale (MTL - G) $863,000 (1 year -> RFA)
    Garrett Sparks (TOR - G) $675,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Mason McDonald (CGY - G) $792,000 (2 years -> RFA)
    Yakov Trenin (NSH - C) $743,000 (2 years -> RFA) (2015 Entry Draft)
    Graham Knott (CHI - LW) $925,000 (2 years -> RFA) (2015 Entry Draft)
    My picks are in bold

Dobber Sports Titan

Hayden, Fleury and Trenin for me.
    Scherback isn't a bad gamble.

The rest to me get a "meh".
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Scherbak, Hayden and Fleury

The Great One

Ok so Sherbacks out- waiting to hear on:

Killorn, 2nd in 2019
    for
    Hayden, Fleury, Trenin and an earlyish second rounder this year.

killorn has to go to clear some cap- I get a few prospects I like and end up with 3 2nds and a 3rd this year- which is actually where I wanted to be picking (no joke!).

The Great One

Ok done deal:

To Them:
    C/LW Alex Killorn
    2nd 2019
    7th 2017 (#93)

To Me:
    C Yakov Trenin
    C John Hayden
    D Haydn Fleury
    2nd 2017 (#20)

Dobber Sports Jedi

two solid deals in a week. nicely done
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4